Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMobileCinema and Youtube

Default iMobileCinema and Youtube
    (I have the 3.1.2 firmware installed)
    Recently I've tried to install this safari plugin from Cydia called iMobileCinema which allows you to play some flash videos from mobile safari. However, after trying it on several different sites it didn't seem to work for me so I deleted it with Cydia.

Another thing is, right after installing iMobileCinema I went to the YouTube website (from safari) and noticed that movies no longer load. (The YouTube app still works, but previously safari went into the YouTube app when I tried to play a video instead of just displaying a white screen.) I uninstalled iMobileCinema and it didn't solve anything.

My question is: Anyone on firmware 3.1.2 have iMobileCinema work for them? And also are you able to to watch YouTube videos from safari? (is it cause I screwed up something by installing iMobileCinema, or is it due to the website redesign or something?) And does anyone know of a working alternative to iMobileCinema?

Thanks for all your help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

iMobileCinema has some serious issues, it does not work with the latest versions of flash videos and if it does work often it will only do the audio or do the video and not the audio. Also your youtube situation is caused by installing iMobileCinema, it was once a great app but it has lost its purpose and until a update is released I suggest you reinstall it and than make sure it is turned on before you remove it.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

I tried reinstalling it and uninstalling it while it's on but it doesn't seem to work. Playing a video from safari still displays a white blank instead of switching to the youtube app.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i have the plugin installed and no problems viewing youtube (right in safari), maybe it is something else you downloaded

May I ask what version FW you have and which generation iPod/phone you have? And what was the repo you got it from? Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ohhh, i got mine from a deb i manually installed, so no repo sorry. i have 3.1 iphone 3gs

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

ya it shouldnt matter though, turning it off and back on in SBsettings will sometimes correct itself
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here