Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone not going to black screen when in sleep mode

Default iPhone not going to black screen when in sleep mode
    When I put my phone in sleep mode the screen goes dark, and I say dark and not black because you can still see some light coming from it when the lights are off. My wife's phone goes black but not mine. It is annoying because it runs the battery down very fast.

Is there a setting someone where on the phone that I have missed, I have tried all the different sleep modes, auto off, auto sleep. It used to go black but something happened and now it does not. I have tried syncing with itunes and that did not help. It is jailbroken with 3.1.2 and everything else works fine.

Thanks

I'm experiencing the same thing with my 3G Touch. Was on 3.1.2 (Blackra1n JB) for the past 5mo w/o any problems until I recently updated some stuff through Cydia. Battery then started draining ridiculously fast. Like 20% per hour. Even when left totally alone in sleep mode. Thought it was a glitch so I updated to 3.1.3. Same thing still. Then I ran Spirit JB and checked again. No difference. Then did a complete restore to 3.1.3 (vanilla). Nada. I'm at wit's end. I don't know could have caused this. I've also noticed the dim (not completely blacked out) screen while on sleep mode. Could this be the silent battery killer? Hope someone has figured this out. I miss using my iPod.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe your autolock setting is set to "never" instead of 2 min etc..?