Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't sync music

Default iPhone won't sync music
    I'm using an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3G, running on 3.0.1 firmware. For some unknown reason, my music on itunes won't transfer over onto my iPhone. When I plug it in to my computer, it says that it's syncing my music, but when i check my iPhone, my newly added songs aren't there. What's wrong? One thing odd too, is that my podcasts did transfer over while my music won't. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same problem
    hi i have the same problem. i am on the 3.1 firmware and im running itunes 9. in addition to that i cant sync my apps and ringtones. I don't receive any error messages, it says it syncing on itunes but when its done and i check my phone nothing was transferred over. Yes the iphone is jailbroken on iREB 3.1

pls help
    thanks in advance

Thanks

make sure itunes is set to sync music,, check the tick box in the music tab and make sure there is plenty of spare space
    If I've helped you remember to say

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    make sure itunes is set to sync music,, check the tick box in the music tab and make sure there is plenty of spare space
    it is set to sync music, and i think i have quite a few space left as well. about 114mb for about 15 new songs? should be....

bump, anyone else have solutions? it would be greatly appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here. It actually has 1.8g left. I checked the music box as well. Thanks for the help in advance.

bump #2? will i have to resort to restoring my iphone and redoing everything??

same issue 3gs 3.0.1, and yes there is over 20gb of space and the box is checked. no clue what is going on. i have changed nothing, haven't had to sync for a while so i have no idea when it actually started.

edit: well apparently one of my family members decided to upgrade itunes on me. i reverted back to 8.2 and that seemed to fix this.
    Last edited by asimplescribe; 2010-04-03 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

in addition to enabling the sync option, you'll have to tick which songs to transfer over to your iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How did you downgrade to 8.2 buddy??

hmmm ok, i think i may have upgraded. how do i downgrade, like MACringo asked?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you can try man but i downgraded to 8.2 but it still didnt work.
    i found mine on google, just type how to downgrade to itunes 8.2 im pretty sure its the first link. im trying to see if i upgrade to 3.1.2 and hopefully that makes a difference.

yeah, it doesn't. I recall myself having the problem before upgrading from 8.2. I've thought about 3.1.2, but I just don't know if that'll lock my jailbreak/unlocked phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know what you mean. I'm gonna do a complete test on 3.1.2 I'll let you kno. But yea dnt do it if you need your unlock.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MACringo For This Useful Post:

cyberduelist2 (2010-04-05)

alright, thanks man.

bump.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It works cyber. You can still unlock the 5.7.11 with blacksn0w. I have AT&T so i can't really give you a detailed answer on the whole unlock thing. But yea upgrading to 3.1.2 worked for me. Just have your things backed up so you won't lose any songs or files.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MACringo For This Useful Post:

cyberduelist2 (2010-04-06)

alright cool, i'll try it. thanks man.

edit: It works! thanks a bunch man!
    Last edited by cyberduelist2; 2010-04-07 at 05:01 AM.

I have the same problem on Spirit 3.1.2 jailbreak 3Gs...help.
    the funniest things are the forbidden...
    -Mark twain

73rd member!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm running 3.1.3 and have the same problem.
    The strange thing is, I can't change anything! I can not delete movies or add/delete music. I've checked everything and tried restarts. There are 999 songs on my iPhone and I can't change it. Coincidence?
    Jailbroken with Cydia