Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's eating up my Iphone's storage capacity?

Default What's eating up my Iphone's storage capacity?
    i have a j'broked 16 gb Iphone 2g. On Itunes, where it shows my storage summary I have 12 gb of used space under "OTHER

My question is, how can i found out what is using up my storage capacity?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It is Rock's log that is causing the issue. At the top of this board is a sticky about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ssh or use ifile to go to var/mobile/library/ryp/logs and manually delete the log file
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

Rock is not always to blame. I had over 6gb of other and my entire RYP (rock folder) was less then 1MB. My issue was that for some reason my iphone/itunes decided to copy all of my apps that were already installed back to my iphone. Problem was itunes sync would fail. After some hunting around on my iphone I found that in /private/var/mobile/Media/PublicStaging were copies of all of my already installed apps. I deleted everything in this folder and got my 6GB back.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

iTunes Stores Some Garbage Or "Mystery" Files On iDevices. This Is An Error That iTunes Encounters While Syncing. You Should Do A Clean Restore If You Want, But The Rock Issue As Mention Is Just A Fraction Of It

Now: In Google Type "iPhone Browser" And Download & Install. Plug In Your iPhone And It Will Show All The Directpries Within Your iPhone. Just Browse For Any Large Files. Post Some Unknown Files Here So I Can Tell You Whether To Delete them or not (List of names of files)

Also: Brinky Is Right, Excess Files Are Stored Here For Backup Purposes, Delete These.
    Last edited by Halten77; 2010-05-31 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol. i think this guy's problem is fixed as the topic was started over 2 months ago.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow I JUST noticed that... Damn oh well... Lol this is Akward