Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hotspot Shield - VPN

Default Hotspot Shield - VPN
    I am trying to set up hotspot shield on my iphone as a VPN on my iphone and have followed all the steps listed on the website (Hotspot Shield for iPhone). However, it comes up with a problem saying VPN connection - authentication failed. Anyone know how to solve this?

Solved!
    Last edited by SeaTan; 2010-03-18 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How did you get the vpn to work mine just continues to give me this error: "The l2tp-vpn server did not respond. Try reconnecting. If the problem continues, verify your settings and contact your administrator." I have tried googling and restarting but still cant get it to go any help here would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTan View Post
    I am trying to set up hotspot shield on my iphone as a VPN on my iphone and have followed all the steps listed on the website (Hotspot Shield for iPhone). However, it comes up with a problem saying VPN connection - authentication failed. Anyone know how to solve this?

Solved!
    How did you solve the problem? My Macbook connects to HotSpot Shield ok but I can't get it through on the iPhone.

Hotspot Shield is now working fine. The problem seems to be on the VPN server side and it's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by aneagle View Post
    Hotspot Shield is now working fine. The problem seems to be on the VPN server side and it's fixed.
    does this work for ipod touch

Quote Originally Posted by fchs View Post
    does this work for ipod touch
    I don't have an iPod Touch to test the service, as long as there's VPN item in Settings, General, Network it should work. BTY HotspotShield is kind of on and off and I'm using ItsHidden as alternate service.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default authentication failure

Solved!
    I have been trying for some time to use Hotspot shield on my iphone 4. I have done everthing to the end, but when i try to connect, I get the message saying that my user authentication failed
    what am I doing wrong?
    is it supposed to be set on proxy?
    do i have to add an aditional password and user name at the very bottom?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default user authentication failure error( hotspot shield0

Solved!
    I am having the same problem. can someone help??

iPhone or iPod touch devices can connect to VPN services over both Wi-Fi and cellular data network connections. get iphone vpn config guide !!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that Hotspot Shield for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch is NOW AVAILABLE in the iTunes Appstore. Try it for free & please share the news with your friends!