Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone PLEASE help me? iPhone not creating any new memory of anything.

Default Can someone PLEASE help me? iPhone not creating any new memory of anything.
    I'm at 3.1.2, jailbroken. I have a ton of **** installed from Cydia/Rock, so I won't even begin to list it.

This morning, I noticed on my way to work that every time I opened up Google Maps, the recent address that popped up was not the last one checked. If I checked a new address or made a new route, then closed Google Maps and reopened, it would still show the old address, not the new one.

Then, I noticed my Emails wouldn't load. It said "New messages on server" or something, and had me download them. They still wouldn't load.

Then, when I went to change a few things using CategoriesSB, the changes never stuck.

If I make a new contact, it doesn't show up.

Essentially, I can't do anything new on my iPhone and have it stay that way. (Though, I WAS able to delete an App)

I have absolutely no idea why this would happen, but it's really worrying me, because the last time I had to do a restore, it was the biggest pain in the *** ever. Took me, like, 3 solid days to get everything back the way it was.

Can anyone here help me diagnose the problem? I'm begging you.

~DacI'm at 3.1.2, jailbroken. I have a ton of **** installed from Cydia/Rock, so I won't even begin to list it.

This morning, I noticed on my way to work that every time I opened up Google Maps, the recent address that popped up was not the last one checked. If I checked a new address or made a new route, then closed Google Maps and reopened, it would still show the old address, not the new one.

Then, I noticed my Emails wouldn't load. It said "New messages on server" or something, and had me download them. They still wouldn't load.

Then, when I went to change a few things using CategoriesSB, the changes never stuck.

If I make a new contact, it doesn't show up.

Essentially, I can't do anything new on my iPhone and have it stay that way. (Though, I WAS able to delete an App)

I have absolutely no idea why this would happen, but it's really worrying me, because the last time I had to do a restore, it was the biggest pain in the *** ever. Took me, like, 3 solid days to get everything back the way it was.

Can anyone here help me diagnose the problem? I'm begging you.

~Dac

Edit: http://goo.gl/UgXX

That worked for me.
    Last edited by Dacvak; 2010-03-15 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

lol inc....
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

boss tool will move memory around, it will just store apps in the place that is saved for music should help things out.. speaking of that i need to do that
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are you out of disk space too? This is a new problem arising today amongst people. I had the same problem yesterday and today. Read disk space is full thread that opened today to see if you are encountering the same problems...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

ssh or use ifile to go to var/mobile/library/ryp/logs and manually delete the log file

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19), jjr3211 (2010-03-17), SoccerStud49 (2010-03-17)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I deleted the file but still get the message "cannot read the contents of the iPhone." How can I correct this without a restore?