Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RYP log keeps writing "wrote zero bytes" continuously

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksong12 View Post
    or you can install rock from terminal/ssh if you want...
    uninstall or install? i uninstalled it from ssh, i got all memorey back but i think i still need to unistall from cydia also because its still in it. every time i try to uninstall from phone it boots me

*was able to delete, checking phones performance now*
    Last edited by iST3PH3N; 2010-03-15 at 08:54 PM.

It is probably crashing because you already deleted the app and it can't find it. try rebooting.

sorry, I meant uninstall.

Uninstall not meaning delete the log - I mean actually uninstalling (by running apt - Cydia is just an apt frontend)
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

iST3PH3N (2010-03-15)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

@psuskeels - Nice to see you are alive
    kwickone I.T.H.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kwickone For This Useful Post:

1hihum (2010-03-16)

Default Memory Being drained by invisible app
    No idea how this happens but every time i delete an app to free up memory it fills right back up as soon as i restart my phone so my phone is forever stuck at 0 gb any ideas how or why this is happening?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    It is probably crashing because you already deleted the app and it can't find it. try rebooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksong12 View Post
    sorry, I meant uninstall.

Uninstall not meaning delete the log - I mean actually uninstalling (by running apt - Cydia is just an apt frontend)
    i got all my memory back but phones still acting very glitchy. due i remove the rock extention pack also(NVM it removed when rockapp was removed)?

-if i can get back into cydia that is, it keeps booting me out during the loading data screen..also availible memory keep falling below 10 when its usually around 130-150ish
    Last edited by iST3PH3N; 2010-03-15 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks

there is a spot for this already and im gonna merge u

All of a sudden today my phone is saying no free space also I haven't changed or installed anything in days and now if I power off and back on I have 300mb free on /var and moments later if I look it's down to 16mb then the error pops up and I have 9mb free. Same goes with / it goes from 3.5gb to around 100mb. It's very wierd!

FYI - This log gets rolled every day. The latest update to RockApp will fix the problem. The log file will automatically be deleted sometime early tomorrow or you can manually delete via SSH/SFTP/etc.

Kiwckone: I have been working on a new project - coming soon and you'll like it . (Also was away on vacation for a week
    Last edited by skeels; 2010-03-15 at 09:29 PM.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Fixed in 2.21.1 released now. An issue with some repository's corrupt bzip file. The log file in error will delete it self at midnight tonight (or you can do so manually).
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks

merge u alllllllllll lmao is this a new event thats been happening lately that has become a trend

Thanks

geeze, now the phone cant perform basic functions without crashing..i might just wipe it and start from scratch.

^have you rebooted?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

iST3PH3N (2010-03-15)

ok right well my memory is fine but WHY is it so slow all of a sudden guys?? and why dosen'#t rock or app store work?? i had this problem (i.e i started the thread)so #1 post
    but thats fixed now, why is it slow now?

MY FIX FOR MEMORY PROBLEM = leaving it turned off for 12 hours
    apple has just about broken even with the amount of iDevices i've bricked...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    ^have you rebooted?
    several times manually and a few times due to phone locking up. im installing rockapp again right now and doing the update

thanks again for all the help!

I was able to make the phone temporarily functional by deleting one of my other apps to buy a little time. Once you do that, cydia should work for a few minutes, enough to buy u time to uninstall Rock, then delete the log, and then you're all good.

Do you still need a list of repositories? I once manually added a repository, but I removed it well before this issue came up. Sounds like the problem has been identified at this point, tho.

sooo , dont delete the rock file? will that make my iphone slow? hahaha why did rock all of a sudden decide to do this?

i don't know it must be a bug like the clocks turning over a date sorta thing. im surprised modmyi hasen't started a huge thing on the front page about it :s HOPEFULLY as i am relying on them to find a cure

im thinking this is only happening to people with a rock app and most of the ppl i know with jailbroken phones dont use rock anyways lol so it might not be a common problem

good point

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast