Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RYP log keeps writing "wrote zero bytes" continuously

Default 18.2 GB of "other" space being taken up?
    I just noticed that 18.24 GB is being taken up on my phone in itunes. Is there a way to figure out what is taking up this space?
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

Thanks

if you have Rock installed take a look at this

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...tinuously.html

seems to be the Bane of everyone at the moment lol
    If I've helped you remember to say

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dantehman1 For This Useful Post:

franklinromeo (2010-03-18)

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    if you have Rock installed take a look at this

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...tinuously.html

seems to be the Bane of everyone at the moment lol

Thanks so much!
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

If anyone is having the problem with their disk space after updating rock here's the fix:

1.) Uninstall rock via cydia
    2.) navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/RYP/logs and delete the huge log file in there.(might take a minute or two)
    3.) Reboot phone
    4.) Reinstall Rock (if you want)
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    is the app your installing of a slightly pirated nature???
    nope, not at all! its apt.modmyi.com/pool/main/c/com.ashman.clockhide/com.ashman.clockhide_1.6.1_iphoneos-arm.deb

also, if ifile isnt recognizing i have mobile substrate (probably meaning it cant recognize anything besides wut rock can), and rock isnt recognizing anything either, nor cydia or icy, theyve gotta all look at the same place to find out whats installed! is there some sort of cydia app (in deb form obviously) that requires no dependencies (so i can install via ifile) that can recreate the installed package database or sumthing? thanks...im desperate now!

After doing everything that has been said, I can run RYP and Cydia and the storage space is no longer being filled but most of my app store apps no longer work and itunes is seeing my device as a newly restored phone when I connect. RYP for the first time has caused me to restore my damn phone. Which is about a 3 hour process for me since I have so much crap on my phone. Even with the use of PkgBackup, AppBackup and Chronus. If it weren't for GOC Pro I would totally abandon RYP. It doesn't have half the stuff Cydia does anyway. But my love of ToyVan's wonderful theme will force to continue to use this crap. Oh well whaddya gonna do?

lol hear hear!! G.O.C. is the way to go! TV's works are worth..!

@Cory hey don't mind ne asking u said above that u did a restore. back to a 3.1.2..? I'm guessing that u WERE running on 3.1.2 right..?any chance u can tell me how u did that..?

@tj I have my shsh on file with Cydia and I edited my hosts file to the Cydia server or whatever. There are a couple threads on here that explain the whole thing. I have a launch version 3GS with 3.1.2. The Cydia restore server thingy has worked flawlessly every time I've had to use it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    @tj I have my shsh on file with Cydia and I edited my hosts file to the Cydia server or whatever. There are a couple threads on here that explain the whole thing. I have a launch version 3GS with 3.1.2. The Cydia restore server thingy has worked flawlessly every time I've had to use it.
    Thas awesome that you got that to work, Ive been trying now for a few days and i just cant rap my stoned head around all this jibber jabber, For all you young kids out there pots bad for you!

I've never tried honestly, but am just wondering out loud if I could actually do it. I too have the shsh with sauriks server. (can see that through cydia main page) so yea.. good to hear ur getting flawless results..! I'll try it out sometime.. thanks!!

Hey guys, after making all the preparations to restore my phone this morning, I had to sync my phone finally to be able to restore it. At the setup as new or restore from backup screen, I chose setup as new and it just synced everything and my phone is working normally now. WITHOUT THE NEED TO DO A RESTORE!! Hopefully it's not too late for some of you guys. So after you delete the log file, uninstall RYP and reinstall it (if you want), just go sync with itunes by clicking "setup as new". It will not restore your phone, it will only sync all your contacts, notes, bookmarks and other data. I unchecked the "Automatically sync applications" option before I "setup as new". Do the same and you will not have to restore. To be clear, it did not remove any apps or anything from my phone.
    Last edited by Cory Gillmore; 2010-03-19 at 08:14 PM.

I have an iPhone 3GS 32 GB running 3.0.1 Jailbroken via Redsn0w. Today I was surprised to see a message that said I was running low on disk space, as I do have a 32 GB model. I found out using iFile that /var/mobile/Library/RYP/logs was taking up more than 28 GB! I had not even used a whole gigabyte myself, and there was about 28 left when I checked the About pane of Settings before, but tonight when I checked it said 0 bytes. I tried deleting the folder, because another post I read said that after uninstalling Rock, they deleted the folder, resprung, and got the space back. But neither Rock nor Cydia would open (I think because these Applications write to logs upon opening, and since there was no space left, they would just quit right after I tapped on them) so I went straight to iFile and deleted the file. Then I went back to About in Settings, still said 0 bytes and I read on in the post, and it said that after respringing, then the space was back, so I clicked respring in SBSettings, but it started some sort of respring loop, in the post, it said the phone resprung 3 times, then went to the spring board, but I don't think that I gave my phone the chance to complete the third respring, I force-rebooted it at that point I held Home + Lock/Power until it rebooted, but it never reached the spring board, just stayed on the Apple logo, if I hold Lock/Power it will boot normally and go to the Apple logo, but it will stay there for a while, and then go black (I am pretty sure it IS turning off), I am pretty sure this is not a battery problem, because the last reading I saw of the battery was 79% and the charger is plugged in, and the phone is slightly warm, as it usually is when I charge it. But I need to be able to fix it, and keep it on 3.0.1.

But long story short, my iPhone seems to act normal, charging, powering on (but not reaching spring board yet), and I need to know how to fix this so that my iPhone will boot, I will have my disk space back, and still remain on 3.0.1. Please respond as soon as possible, I really want my iPhone working again.

superiku. my cousins phone. same deal as yours. for 3 days I had sleepless nights searching and trying and trying. in vain. he too can switch his phone on, nor can it even resore via iTunes to 3.1.3. he was running 3.1.2 before his phone just went dead. jb with blackrain. it has the same looping thing as u cept his is a tethered jb. can't even restore and update normally via iTunes u know that!! we gave up today. turning it in back to our telco tomorrow. anyone.., last resort of help. pls. :,(

Default iPhone 3GS 32 GB - iRecovery auto-boot "true", boot path needs fixing? Help please!
    Quote Originally Posted by thetjshow View Post
    superiku. my cousins phone. same deal as yours. for 3 days I had sleepless nights searching and trying and trying. in vain. he too can switch his phone on, nor can it even resore via iTunes to 3.1.3. he was running 3.1.2 before his phone just went dead. jb with blackrain. it has the same looping thing as u cept his is a tethered jb. can't even restore and update normally via iTunes u know that!! we gave up today. turning it in back to our telco tomorrow. anyone.., last resort of help. pls. :,(
    You may want to try iRecovery, I have heard is solves issues like not booting for tethered devices. Or just re-jailbreak with Blackra1n. I am not entirely sure because I always stayed on 3.0.1 and never bought a tethered device, or updated to tethered firmware versions. But after some research I think that something is wrong with my boot path, because the log that iRecovery returns states that my auto-boot is set to "true" so, when you eliminate the impossible--whatever remains, however improbable, must be true. So, even though I can not see how my boot path got messed up from me deleting the logs folder in /var/mobile/Library/RYP, I think it's the case, so I would like any help to fix my boot path, or if anyone REALLY experienced happens to know it's not my boot path, and it's something else, then please tell me what it is, and how to fix it.

Please reply as soon as possible.

my phone is stuck on apple logo, won't boot.

cydia would not open when it did boot, nor rock.

i have no ssh.

please advise!

Hey guys. Sorry no one else has responded to your posts yet. I was once stuck at the white apple logo and a little program called "iPhone PC Suite" was able to fix it. Google it. When you install the program everything will be in chinese until you change it, which can be tricky to do since it's all in chinese! Look for what looks like an eject button at the top left of the program window after it's installed and look through the menus for ENGLISH. Then look for "Fix white Apple logo problem" within the program. It saved my butt once and maybe it can help you guys. If not, then you have no other choice than to restore. Let me know if you need 3.1.2 firwwares via a private message. Good luck!

Cory I can restore but I want to restore to 3.1.2, I have a 3GS 16 GB, with the old bootrom untether jailbreak, how can I do this?

then if I go to my backup, my contacts will be there?

Yes, your contacts should sync with iTunes. You will not lose any of your contact information. And if you use AppBackup and Chronus, you won't have to lose your app data either. I wouldn't restore from a backup though. I would setup as new. With the use of the aforementioned apps you can do so without any major data loss either. See BHZL's thread for more specific details.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Okay, basically I had the same problem. No memory, Rock was the culprit. I couldn't uninstall through Cydia as it kept crashing due to the lack of memory and I didn't know exactly what you guys meant by "log file" etc. I used i-FunBox to access my phone via my PC (the USB equivalent of SSHing) and just deleted Rock. It looks like problems solved but I'll have to check a few things first.

Quote Originally Posted by nycmetz86 View Post
    my phone is stuck on apple logo, won't boot.

cydia would not open when it did boot, nor rock.

i have no ssh.

please advise!
    This sounds like my situation, except I have OpenSSH installed on my iPhone. Please help me to fix this! By the way, iPhone PC Suite is only for Windows, I use a Mac, can you post a Mac solution?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast