Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weak signal

Default weak signal
    idk if its because of the jailbreak but lately i noticed my signal is not as strong in areas. but i jailbroke my phone a few months ago. only now my signal sucks. my 3G disappears even edge disappears to.

Thanks

Where abouts are you having this issue??

are you in a valley etc??
    If I've helped you remember to say

Did you happen to use blacksn0w to unlock the phone, even if you didn't need it?

im in hawaii. and no i didnt use blacksnow. jus blackra1n. i use att.

Thanks

Try Re Jailbreaking with something else
    If I've helped you remember to say

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    Try Re Jailbreaking with something else
    idk if it was because of the jailbreak. i only noticed it recently. i jailbroke my phone a while back.

I rang up vodafone in Australia about this, it started to happen for me in the last month, they say this happened since the new FW 3.1.3 came into place and if I was to update the phone it wouldn't have the recption problem it is having now....... I'm quite on the side of not believing that unless I can definately confirm this to be true, so at the moment I am asking my local friends with iPhones that are on 3.1.3 and are either with vodafone or factory unlocked I I can borrow their phone to test my simcard on their phone in an area I lose signal, to see if the update actually does fix this problem or it's just a useless answer vodafone a giving me cause they really have no idea ( I am more likely to believe the latter as when I speak to these "customer service " guys they sound like they have no idea what they are talking about and are just reading from a screen ( I worked for LG cust service so if u didn't actually know the answer yourself by trial and error you'd give a generic answer from your database. This is what it sounds like they're doing, as they couldn't answer further queries I put forward or could not troubleshoot other ideas as they had none.
    My thoughts on my weak signal is either it is a jailbroken app I've put on it ( I jailbroke a month ago), or the simcard is not functioning right, or vodafone reception is getting screwy in my area.
    I've tested a 3network iPhone in my house on 3.1.2, it gets clear full 3g reception, I get weak two bar 2G reception.
    Yet to find someone on 3.1.3 yet to Ted the 3.1.3 theory.

Jeez that was a novel and a half, wasn't it. Sorry guys
    Last edited by Remember God; 2010-03-19 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe att just sucks in your state, or in parts of it. blackrain has nothing to do with bad reception. try a restore and see if the signal is still bad. also it could have just been a bad few days in hawaii for att
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    i believe att just sucks in your state, or in parts of it. blackrain has nothing to do with bad reception. try a restore and see if the signal is still bad. also it could have just been a bad few days in hawaii for att
    i was thinking of a restore but i just realized, my original firmware was 3.1.1 i think. if i restore, wouldnt itunes load the 3.1.3? idk how to make it load 3.1.2

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i beleive the version of itunes wont let you cntrl + shift a diffrant firmware but an older version of itunes will i think i still use 8, you can surf the web on a place to get an older version. just google ' load cuatom firmware' on google
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!