Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help needed finding photos from iPhone camera roll in backup on PC

Default Help needed finding photos from iPhone camera roll in backup on PC
    Have had some major dramas over last 24 hours. After thinking it would be a great idea to accept the software upgrade in iTunes I walked out of the room and back in some time later to find my phone completely wiped! Great! No warnings etc. Didn't manually backup any photos. It asked if I wanted to then restore from a previous backup and see it had automatically backed up before it had automatically decided to wipe everything. So I accepted hoping teh world would once again be prefect. No photos, no messages, no e-mails, no notes, no contacts. It not only wiped the phone, it screwed the backup, it has somehow stuffed up iTues to not work properly and previous backups wont restore peoprely now either! I just love Apple at the moment. 4th iPhone in 14 months and now this.

From what I gather I can get the photos, depending on what the iPhone decided to do with them, from a backup on my pc, running Windows XP. I have read a few things on how to do this, some over my head, some no use and some I can't find what they are trying to explain. I have downloaded a tried a trial version of the iPhone etxractor but it just found older photos and none of the recent ones since my last backup, about 6 weeks ago. Have lost loads from bands I have seen and recent family and friends visit, mainly shattered about all the photos and video i have lost of my 2 and 4 years old kids. Any help woud be so appreciated. I am at the ed of it after 24 hours of trying to sort, of which included going to the Genius bar that gave me a few ideas but didn't try anything themselves and weren't too confident in anything positive happening.

Thanx.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

It sounds like the photos are no longer in your ipod in any form, which means that your only hope is the backup, from what you described it sounds like it got corrupted, but somehow I doubt thats the problem I have never seen that happen. S

sorry accidently posted

So what I would suggest is that you find the find your most recent backup file transfer it to the same place on another computer and try to restore from that. On a PC they are here: CUsers\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MobileSync\Back up

and on a mac here:
    ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    Last edited by Frostbite; 2010-03-14 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

When i try and find it that way it doesn't show up. When I do it in iTunes and restore from backup its there... have searched other folders in case. I a, so over iPhones.

Thanks

Than it looks like iTunes f***d up sorry man your SOL
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Do you think it would work if I uninstalled iTunes and then reinstalled? If so, would I need to backup the backups?

& thankyou.
    Last edited by annoyed; 2010-03-16 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If so than yes, however I doubt this would help. If the backups arent there, and iphone backup extractor is having troubles it sounds like iTunes corrupted the backups. This would mean the problem is the files not iTunes. However seeing as iTunes corrupted them you should probably re-install anyway. And if you wanna thank me hit the thanks button

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by annoyed View Post
    When i try and find it that way it doesn't show up. When I do it in iTunes and restore from backup its there... have searched other folders in case. I a, so over iPhones.
    Did you get all the way to the folder? What was inside it? Any files at all?