Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strange Ringtone Sync Problem with 1.1.4

Default Strange Ringtone Sync Problem with 1.1.4
    I have no idea if this has anything to do with my phone being at 1.1.4 or not.

I have created two ringtones from MP3 files by cutting out a portion of the MP3 that I want to use and then converting it with a ringtone conversion utility.

I can import the ringtones into iTunes without any problem.

The following is an example of the problem I am having.

If I try to drag more than one ringtone from my ringtone library to my iPhone, I get multiple entries on my iPhone under the custom ringtone listing. The problem is, both ringtones have the same name, and are the same ringtone.

For example, I create two files. RINGTONE1.m4r and RINGTONE2.m4r. If I copy them one at a time to my iPhone, they work the way they are supposed to. Neither ringtone causes any problem when put on the iPhone by itself.

If I copy both ringtones to the iPhone, I see two ringtones listed on the iPhone, but they are both called RINGTONE1.m4r and are the same ringtone.

I need to be able to put multiple ringtones on my iPhone, but for the life of me, can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am running Vista Ultimate with iTunes 7.6.1.9 and iPhone with 1.1.4.

Any help will be appreciated.

Did I post in the wrong forum? Or, is there really nobody that knows the answer to this?

I figured that since I was stumped I'd ask for help.

Thanks, again.

Looks like this is a common thing. This is also posted by someone else at the iRinger website.
    http://forum.iringer.net/yaf/yaf_postst10_Ringtones-keep-overwriting-themselves--Please-help.aspx
    Last edited by BrainDamage; 2008-03-19 at 01:00 PM.