Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: quick question

Default quick question
    do you think apple could tell if i jailbroke my phone?

not if you restore before you bring it in. if you don't restore then of course they can.

well its stuck in DFU mode.. could they tell if its just stuck in DFU/recovery mode and cant restore?

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Man View Post
    well its stuck in DFU mode.. could they tell if its just stuck in DFU/recovery mode and cant restore?
    normally, you should always be able to restore some way or another. try dfu mode or recovery mode. if you really find no way to restore (try multiple computers and stuff) then I would bring the iphone into recovery mode. I think they shouldn't be able to tell if you jailbroke then, but I can't be sure ...

well itll still be ok if they can tell and theyll just ship it back to me. i found a guy on here that repairs iphones for a living so ill just ship it off to him so he can fix it. he says its not the phone thats the problem, its my computer.

Blackwolf I am new to this forum. I would like to ask u a question. How do I download from the Internet and save it on my iPhone? I am on the tmobile edge network not AT&T. do I need to download a app from the app store? Please let me know. Thank u.

Quote Originally Posted by stevele823 View Post
    Blackwolf I am new to this forum. I would like to ask u a question. How do I download from the Internet and save it on my iPhone? I am on the tmobile edge network not AT&T. do I need to download a app from the app store? Please let me know. Thank u.
    What are you trying to download?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

They can tell if you jailbroke even if you restored to a normal firmware. There is a small footprint left behind even after a restore that they can see with a software. But they don't really care to dig that deep to see. So it still is nothing to really worry about.