Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $$$

Exclamation $$$
    ok somebody who doesnt mind helping out a noob, and get paid, i have a 3 week old iphone 3gs 16gb white. it was on firmware 3.1.2 and i jailbroke with blackra1n as soon as i updated to 3.1.2. but three days later it went crazy. when i start it, the apply symbol will show for about 5-10 seconds and then it will get lines through it and the phone will shut off. i put it in DFU mode but every time i try to restore, i get a 1611 error. when it was jailbroken, cydia at the very top said: this device has 3.1 ECID SHSH on file. so, i took a guide to restore it back to 3.1 with the ECID SHSH. now it says that the iphone cant be restored because it cant contact the restore server or it is down, try again later. ok so here it is: im stuck. with a phone that i paid for (NOT MY PARENTS) that is bricked at the moment. if this phone does not work, my parents will not allow me to buy another one. so, anybody who thinks they can help, i am willing to pay them to fix my phone. you make an offer, and ill try my best to accept it. just please help.

I would google for "custom iphone 3gs 3.1.2 firmware". This would be a FW that was made with Pwnage and made for use with ATT. Then using iTunes you can hold down the "shift" button and hit "restore", it will allow you to choose the FW file you just downloaded and restore to that, it should without giving you any errors.

We arent allowed to post links to midified FW files here, so you are going to have to search. And as long as your using 3.1.2 you wont run into the server issues, because Apple is currently signing 3.1.2 FW files.

i cannot find a custom firmware to download anywhere. i googled it.

Need to keep searching then, they are out there...but you wont find them here cause they are illegal.

i found one from mega upload. is that safe?

Anybody can upload to megaupload, no telling. Prolly as safe as anything else out there.

ok so you think this custom firmware will work if i just shift + restore in iTunes?

ok i did that but this time i got the 1600 error instead of the usual 1611. any ideas?
    Last edited by Mach1Man; 2009-10-17 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Make sure to try restores in both recovery mode as well as DFU mode. Try twice in each mode. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries.

I'll give u better advice.

If u really want this problem solved, lets not play around and give u hints on how to do it since it's illegal.
    **EDIT CPJR- I have better advice, follow the rules**
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-10-18 at 02:24 AM.

dude i dont even have a clue on what website that is.

It's a website that allows cracked/illegal talk. So the people there will most certainly help you.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-10-18 at 02:21 AM.

thanks a lot man, i really hope they can help.

ive already gotten the custom firmware, and tried to restore. this time i got a 1600 error message instead of 1611. whats the difference?

Thanks

Try to restore in normal mode not DFU mode. With the custom ipsw.

my computer wont recognize it in normal mode when its turning on and off.

Raptors....we dont allow linking to that site even if you break the name up so the filter doesnt scrap it.

Dont mention or spell it out again. Posts edited.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Raptors....we dont allow linking to that site even if you break the name up so the filter doesnt scrap it.

Dont mention or spell it out again. Posts edited.
    oh alright sorry!

It st ill co un ts lik e th is

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    It st ill co un ts lik e th is
    LM F AO, Wa s Ju sttry ing To He lp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast