Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP; Do I need to restore phone? Uninstalled Winterboard; loads apple logo goes off

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HELP; Do I need to restore phone? Uninstalled Winterboard; loads apple logo goes off
    NOTE: I have already restored and re-jailbroken my device.

So I plan on being away from power tonight and to conserve energy I decided to uninstall Winterboard. I had the TheReal360 theme and Apple Wifi options activated when I did it.

Now it doesn't want to start up. I clicked on Reboot Device and it gets to the boot logo and turns itself off. I know it has more about 30% charge and is plugged in.

Is there any alternative to restoring the phone?

Well, I decided to go ahead and restore. I had to start the phone holding the Home button and let it restart about 4-6 times before it would go into Recovery Mode. Now restoring through iTunes.

Any ideas if disabling the theme(s) would have prevented this?
    Last edited by scc4fun; 2009-10-16 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks

I don't really care for themes all that much myself, As they sort of slow down the iPhone.

It sounds like maybe just a error caused it to freeze up. Even when my iPhone was majorly messed up, I just tricked it to go into Recovery mode. I would say that it probably was just because you deleted winterboard, and not so much the theme..
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^