Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Syncing iphone problem

Lightbulb Syncing iphone problem
    Hello guys,

I just bought a used iphone 3G and the phone came with some music and photos already (the previous owner forgot to erase). I got it unlocked and jailbroken. Now, when i try to sync it with my laptop it wont let me. It gives me that msg which im sure yu all are aware of (can't sync with two computers msg).. so my question is if i go ahead and click yes. would I loose all the installed apps along with music and photos? or does it just erase the music and photos. Also would my iphone become unjailbroken? I really want to have my own music and stuff.. so please guide me to the best possible solution. Thank you

btw im fresh off apple user so don't know much about this whole jailbreaking or unlocking thing. still learning. sorry if my question is a dumb one
    Last edited by forpulse; 2009-10-14 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks

Hi there,

We were all at that point on our jailbreak/unlock stats, Don't sweat it.

For your question- If the Phone is NOT already synced with the computer, I'm pretty sure that it will delete all that stuff.

You can always transfer over all those apps and stuff if you authorize iTunes to play the iPhone (i think it's under store and "Authorize my machine")

If it does re-sync without being authorized, Yes, It does delete it all.

It would become unjailbroken, but you can always follow the guides here on how to Re-Jailbreak it.

Hope that helped!

-Will
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

3. The Following User Says Thank You to willie498 For This Useful Post:

forpulse (2009-10-17)

Hey thanks for replying... I went ahead and clicked erase everything however it turns out that it only deleted the previous owner's music...the rest stayed the same.. .. Which is what I wanted.. Now I'm able to sync my own stuff w/o any issue .. But ye thanks will

Thanks

Np.
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^