Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unknown IM sender in the middle of the night? SPAM or glitch?

Question Unknown IM sender in the middle of the night? SPAM or glitch?
    Hello, mid week in the middle of the night I will get IMs from random screennames that look similar to screennames that are on my buddy list. If I click to view nothing shows up and there is nothing in my "active IMs". When I search for the screennames that IM me they do not exist. Also I must note this also happens when I am not signed into AIM so something is fishy.
    any ideas on how to stop this? My biggest fustration is that it wakes me up in the middle of the night.
    I am on a 3Gs 3.1.2 jailbroken and using a cracked AIM 4.0.1

Last edited by thrill5one6; 2009-10-14 at 04:24 PM.

it's a known issue if you hacktivated the phone. you will get those a lot unfortunatly, and you might lose some of the push messages that were directed at you ;-)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe it is the cracked AIM sending them to you

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Yup would agree, pay for the app..........................karma

haha I didn't even read that.
    yeah, go pay for the app. still, the problem is caused by hacktivation

The weird part is that it also happens when AIM isn't connect or logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by thrill5one6 View Post
    The weird part is that it also happens when AIM isn't connect or logged in.
    it doesn't matter, as those messages aren't directed at you. you just get wrong push messages due to the fact that all hacktivated devices share a single ID. you don't get the actual IM message inside AIM

Thanks guys, I cracked the piggy bank and dropped $2.99 in the AppStore for the licensed version. I'll keep you posted.

bad thing is your messages could be sent to that person or someone random when you send them to your contact(s)

I have never heard of hacktivation causing that....I do know that an AIM virus on a computer has been causing stuff like this recently...

BTW...Mets SUCK!
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-10-15 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I have never heard of hacktivation causing that....I do know that an AIM virus on a computer has been causing stuff like this recently...

BTW...Mets SUCK!
    well, but it's a fact, even the dev team said so. hacktivated iphones don't have push at all, and with the push fix from cydia they all share a common "ID" on apple's server, which causes push messages to get mixed up randomly. I have to say that most of the push messages adressed to me got to me (I'd say about 1 in 20 got lost), but I received A LOT of junk (about 40 push messages over night) .... but now I have a normally activated 3GS, so boo ya

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe your significant other is sending you them to see if you respond to some other chick??