Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crashing Cydia

Default Crashing Cydia
    Cydia is crashing on me everytime i run it. I see the loading data sign and then it just crashes. I dont know why...

I was having the same issue awhile back. Here is what fixed it for me:

NOTE: I did not create this fix, just someting I copied and pasted. Post by MGWeatherman08/Tech Chronicle:

1.) Use a SSH program or iPhone Browser. I used "iPhone Browser" because I didn't have an SSH program.

2.) Once you connected your iPod Touch or iPhone to your computer and have your SSH program or iPhone Browser up go to your iPod Touch or iPhones directory and find the folder /var/lib/apt/lists (may have to backtrack to the var folder – default log-in isn’t always the root folder where var is)

You may opted to back up all of the files. I was deleting simply by dragging them to a folder on the desktop – you don’t have to, but having a way to undo stuff is usually a good option to have.

3.) Delete all of the files except for the partial folder!

4.) Restart your device and have fun!

I hope this helps! If this didn't help reinstall (not restore) your jailbreak (don't forget to NOT install ICY) and then follow these instructions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Origommi View Post
    I was having the same issue awhile back. Here is what fixed it for me:

NOTE: I did not create this fix, just someting I copied and pasted. Post by MGWeatherman08/Tech Chronicle:

1.) Use a SSH program or iPhone Browser. I used "iPhone Browser" because I didn't have an SSH program.

2.) Once you connected your iPod Touch or iPhone to your computer and have your SSH program or iPhone Browser up go to your iPod Touch or iPhones directory and find the folder /var/lib/apt/lists (may have to backtrack to the var folder Ė default log-in isnít always the root folder where var is)

You may opted to back up all of the files. I was deleting simply by dragging them to a folder on the desktop Ė you donít have to, but having a way to undo stuff is usually a good option to have.

3.) Delete all of the files except for the partial folder!

4.) Restart your device and have fun!

I hope this helps! If this didn't help reinstall (not restore) your jailbreak (don't forget to NOT install ICY) and then follow these instructions.
    I had the same problem and followed the above directions. Worked for me.

it still dosent work look...[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucPzkyiprg4]YouTube - Cydia problems[/ame]
    videos a bit bad because of the light but i think u can make out what it is

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Try doing a restore from the same FW you used. If it was jailbroken use the custom FW that you jailbroke with.

I dont want to go through the trouble of installing everything again.
    is there a way to manually install Rock app? Maybe if i SSH the rockapp folder, then i can reinstall cydia?