Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is the easiest way to get you iPhone exchanged in the Apply store?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default What is the easiest way to get you iPhone exchanged in the Apply store?
    I have a chip in the housing of my iPhone. I've been in to the Apple store to get it replaced (I'd pay for that), but they say they cannot exchange it for that reason.

Are their any other complaints that will just get them to swap out my phone?

THanks in advance.

so did I get you right that your iphone is somehow modified?
    in that case no chance, your warranty is voided. not sure if I got you right though

Green Apple
    Thanks

No, not modified. Just a chip in the black casing in the corner. The phone works fine, the chip just bothers me. Only aesthetics. The phone is completely OEM, except for jailbreak which I can just restore back to unjailbroken.

THanks.

Thanks

Thats wierd, I was just at the apple store this past saturdaybc my accelerometer wasnt working, and got a brand new phone, but the guy at the apple store told me he could give me a new phone just because there was a crack in the housing.. is your phone still under warranty?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, I bought the 3GS on launch day. It is under warranty. The housing has more of a chip than a crack, from a fall. I just don't want to get turned away this time. I've had accelerometer problems too. They sent me home to do the update. Still the same problems. I was going to tell them that too. I just want an easy swap, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JHoffy1 View Post
    No, not modified. Just a chip in the black casing in the corner. The phone works fine, the chip just bothers me. Only aesthetics. The phone is completely OEM, except for jailbreak which I can just restore back to unjailbroken.

THanks.
    mh, strange ... shouldn't matter I guess. Is the chip removable? if so, just remove it if it's not, that might void your warranty, I don't know ...

Thanks

well I dont want to promise that your not going to get turned away, but if you tell them your having a problem with your accelerometer after you've done the update they should swap it out for you bc that's a legitimate problem where as the chip in the housing isnt, but I understand that would bother me as well

When I went in I just went up to the guy and said my accelerometer isnt working I've tried doing several restores and still nothing and he was just like ok well let's get you a new phone haha

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Tell them your battery won't hold a charge......Make sure you tell them you have restored it several times...If that doesn't work hit me up..I have gone in over 20 times and have my iphone swapped out..Every time I scratch it I go get a new one...So I know a lil about how to get your phone swapped out...
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    Tell them your battery won't hold a charge......Make sure you tell them you have restored it several times...If that doesn't work hit me up..I have gone in over 20 times and have my iphone swapped out..Every time I scratch it I go get a new one...So I know a lil about how to get your phone swapped out...
    basically, that's fraud ... just saying

ive had mine swapped when i had dust under the screen.. also had mine changed yesterday as it wouldnt charge when flat only if i charged it before it got to 20%

no issues at all.