Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: neverlocked 3gs

Thumbs down neverlocked 3gs
    new to the world of iphone ,, some help would be greatly apreciated

just purchased a new neverlocked 3gs os 3.1 firmware ver 05.11.07

if its neverlocked does this mean i have a jailbroken phone or i cant jailbreak it ,, have downloaded loads of apps just cant install them ,, any help here or am i in the wrong part of the forum ,, thanks

you can JB it via blackra1n, just google it. it's one-click and done.

"downloaded loads of apps" sounds like illegal appstore apps, talking about that is not allowed, just btw. you can get all the (legal) jailbroken apps from cydia, you don't have to DL them if that's what you did

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

Chrisdiver (2009-10-13)

ooops that was what i meant to say sorry
    so is my phone actually jailbroken as it is neverlocked or do i still need to jailbreak it

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdiver View Post
    ooops that was what i meant to say sorry
    so is my phone actually jailbroken as it is neverlocked or do i still need to jailbreak it
    I don't know what a neverlock if, if that's some kind of app or anything, but ... if your phone has cydia, than you're fine. if it hasn't, then well ... you need to get it by jailbreaking. that's the whole point of jailbreaking

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

Chrisdiver (2009-10-13)

sorry more specific here a neverlocked 3gs is a phone that accepts any sim as i travel a lot and use various sim cards around the world ,, so if i update my os it will not lock the phone

sorry more specific here a neverlocked 3gs is a phone that accepts any sim as i travel a lot and use various sim cards around the world ,, so if i update my os it will not lock the phone
    oh, what you mean is "factory unlocked" ... . well, unlocked or not has nothing to do with JB. you don't NEED to JB to use the phone, if that's what you want to know. but it enables a whole lot of extra features and stuff. so you CAN JB if you want, but you don't NEED to if you don't want to do it. if you want to do it: blackra1n is the tool of your choice for the moment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

Chrisdiver (2009-10-13)

thanks youve been really helpfull appreciate this information

thanks youve been really helpfull appreciate this information
    sure, that's what I'm here for ;-) if you have another question just ask (but please use the search before you do )