Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: will i ever be able to downgrade?

Default will i ever be able to downgrade?
    ok so i got a refurbished iphone 3g 8gb from att about a week ago that came with 3.1 and i tried to jb with the custom fw but to no avail in several attempts. soooo, now i want to downgrade to 3.o and jb using redsn0w. i keep getting 1601 etc. errors....so will i ever be able to downgrade?

be sure your in DFU mode when you restore to 3.0, then you should get the 1015 error or something like that, then just run redsn0w, all should work.

Just do a little more research on downgrading from 3.1 to 3.0...

There are plenty of step by step tutorials.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    be sure your in DFU mode when you restore to 3.0, then you should get the 1015 error or something like that, then just run redsn0w, all should work.

Just do a little more research on downgrading from 3.1 to 3.0...

There are plenty of step by step tutorials.
    yea im in dfu mode...i get that and i get 1600-1605 errors too, this is gets me so annoyed i should have nvr upgraded to 3.1

do the new fw updates and carrier updates make it so u cant downgrade?
    Last edited by rico002; 2009-10-12 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you can always downgrade a 3G. have you tried to downgrade when NOT in dfu mode? that should prevent you from 16xx errors. if that doesn't work, try recovery mode