Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMEI blocked iPhone out of UK

Default IMEI blocked iPhone out of UK
    Hi!
    I'm living in UK right now and I have an O2 contract (iphone) but i'm leaving the UK for living in Spain in a month. I would like to find solutions about if I can use my iphone even if O2 blocks its imei.
    I intend to get a contract with Vodafone Spain and I don't know if my mobile will work.

-Do you think that imei blocking affects only in UK and I could use iphone wherever I want except in UK?
    -Do you think it's better if I change imei number? (Is it easy? and Which ways I have to do it?)

thanks a lot!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iymdom View Post
    Hi!
    I'm living in UK right now and I have an O2 contract (iphone) but i'm leaving the UK for living in Spain in a month. I would like to find solutions about if I can use my iphone even if O2 blocks its imei.

-Do you think that imei blocking affects only in UK and I could use iphone wherever I want except in UK?
    -Do you think it's better if I change imei number? (Is it easy? and Which ways I have to do it?)
    They can only block your IMEI on their network and only if the iPhone is stolen. If you cancel your O2 contract, you will probably have to pay ETF. If your iPhone is not already legally unlocked, you should be able to jailbreak / unlock it and use it on other carriers. Just make sure you do not update your iPhone to version 3.1 or 3.1.2 in iTunes.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-10-11 at 06:38 AM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quit using stolen iphones?

Thanks for replyes!
    I don't know how the imei block works...
    I would know what I have to do step by step...
    Once the assurance company reports the imei to O2, it will be blocked... I hope you could help me in what are the steps to take!=)

So you have defrauded an insurance company and you want help with your illegal activities?

Please go away.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

iymdom (2009-10-11)