Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Can I Improve Video Quality of Cycorder?

Default How Can I Improve Video Quality of Cycorder?
    How can I improve the video quality of cycorder? It runs a bit too slow and jerky. I'm on 2.2.1 on my iphone 1G.

Thanks

There's not a whole lot you can do about improving Cycorder's video quality because most of it has to do with lighting conditions and the limitations of the iPhone's camera.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post4534891

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly
    Depending on how well lit the area is, videos are recorded at between 6-15 fps. Saurik notes that the large variance of fps is due to the iPhone camera, which when video is recorded is basically taking pictures as fast as it can and when you take those photos the camera has to open its shutter, let in the light that makes up the photo, and close the shutter. The less light, the longer it takes to do that. So, better lighting equals higher quality fps, and therefore smoother videos.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    There's not a whole lot you can do about improving Cycorder's video quality because most of it has to do with lighting conditions and the limitations of the iPhone's camera.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post4534891
    reddawg I appreciate the reply. But can you think of any video recording apps that may be tweaked or are superior to cycorder? Thanks.

There is nothing else. Cycorder is it.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    There is nothing else. Cycorder is it.
    Well, just to let you know, I downloaded iphone video recorder from cydia and found the framerate to be faster than cycorder. Weird, but true. Thanks anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

FWIW, a friend with a 3GS and myself (3G) were both recording video of the same event at night a couple of days ago and Cycorder produced better results than the default 3GS video recorder. He was asking me how I got my video to work so well in low light.