Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Can I Fix Putty ?

Default How Can I Fix Putty ?
    Guys, I installed Putty and it doesn't let me sync my iphone since upgrading to itunes 9.0.1. So far, the only info I input into puty was my iphone's IP address, which is: 127.0.0.1. I get this error message:

network error: system caused connection abort

How do I fix this?

your iphone's IP adress is NOT 127.0.0.1, which is what causes the problem.
    I know for sure because 127.0.0.1 is the so-called "loopback adress", which simply means that if you enter that, your PC is trying to establish a connection to itself ;-)

check again. go into settings on your iphone, then wifi, then tap the blue arrow next to the wifi network when you are connected. it should tell you the IP. if it tells you 127.0.0.1, something went majorly wrong, which might be an issue with your router. if your phone is set to fixed IP (there is a 3-choice-button at the top of the network dialog on your iphone), set it to DHCP and see what it does
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-10-07 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    your iphone's IP adress is NOT 127.0.0.1, which is what causes the problem.
    I know for sure because 127.0.0.1 is the so-called "loopback adress", which simply means that if you enter that, your PC is trying to establish a connection to itself ;-)

check again. go into settings on your iphone, then wifi, then tap the blue arrow next to the wifi network when you are connected. it should tell you the IP. if it tells you 127.0.0.1, something went majorly wrong, which might be an issue with your router. if your phone is set to fixed IP (there is a 3-choice-button at the top of the network dialog on your iphone), set it to DHCP and see what it does
    BlackWolf, thanks for the help. But, I don't have wifi nearby so I can't get connected to wifi even if I wanted to. So, I think I'll just keep trying or maybe even downgrade my itunes. But thanks a bunch for at least trying. I greatly appreciate that alot.

Quote Originally Posted by big black View Post
    BlackWolf, thanks for the help. But, I don't have wifi nearby so I can't get connected to wifi even if I wanted to. So, I think I'll just keep trying or maybe even downgrade my itunes. But thanks a bunch for at least trying. I greatly appreciate that alot.
    you can't SSH onto the iphone without a wifi network, as you need an IP on the same network as your PC