Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sync photos back to camera roll

Default sync photos back to camera roll
    hey guys, so i synced my photos from my camera roll to my PC( i didnt do it on purpose, someone did it for me ), i want to put them back on my iphone in the camera roll folder. how do i do this? i have the IMG_XXXX files and even a folder named ipod photo cache, but i have no clue as to put them back in the camera roll area.

thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well wouldnt you resync your phone but make sure you check - sync photos and choose which folder you want to sync? Seems to have worked for my when i was JB'in my wifes phone so she didnt lose her pics.

well i did resync them, the problem is that now they are not in the correct orientation, the vertical pictures are shown as horizontal. and they show up in PHOTOS instead of CAMERA ROLL

anyone?
    Last edited by skyline_2k7; 2009-10-08 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I dont think you can unless you ssh them in, if you sync in itunes the picture wont go into the camera roll, it creates a new folder named what ever it is on your computer.

well, i did manage to SSH them back into my phone. the problem now is, that when i go to camera roll, the icons for the pictures are ALL black, but when i tap on a black tile, it then shows the picture. any way on how to fix this? o and utunephotos doesnt like my computer since it gives me all kinds of errors, i tried it on 4 different computers, and i still get the same result. three of my computers have vista and the other has XP, but it doesnt work on any operating system

If they are the wrong orientation, then this should be an easy fix.

ON your COMPUTER, rotate all of your pictures to be facing upright. (Select the pictures you want, then right click and choose "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counter-Clockwise".

Afterward, resync. HOWEVER- this will NOT put them back into your camera roll. Apple has disabled this to prevent people from using the iPhone as a flash drive. Sorry.

well, now the orientation has been corrected after i restarted the phone. but i still have the black tiles in the camera roll. but when i click on the tile it shows the actual picture. is there a way to fix this without using utunephotos, but it doesnt recognize my phone, it says "parameter is not valid"

stupid Apple... I hate things like this.

I keep mine on the iPhone and backup them by hand through Windows Explorer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyline_2k7 View Post
    well, now the orientation has been corrected after i restarted the phone. but i still have the black tiles in the camera roll. but when i click on the tile it shows the actual picture. is there a way to fix this without using utunephotos, but it doesnt recognize my phone, it says "parameter is not valid"
    If you can SSH into the phone, look for a directory in

/private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/.MISC It will contain a bunch of files with BTH and THM extensions. Make sure the .MISC directory is in this location. The file name may be grayed out but you can still access it. There is another .MISC directory - /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/.MISC/ but that has different files in it. If for some reason the BTH and THM files are here, you can create and move them to the "other" .MISC directory as I first mentioned. I was able to get these because I had SSH'ed the entire DCIM directory to my desktop for backup, but Im not sure if you can recreate this if you merely downloaded the images to your PC.

but how will this fix my problem of "parameter not valid"?

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyline_2k7 View Post
    hey guys, so i synced my photos from my camera roll to my PC( i didnt do it on purpose, someone did it for me ), i want to put them back on my iphone in the camera roll folder. how do i do this? i have the IMG_XXXX files and even a folder named ipod photo cache, but i have no clue as to put them back in the camera roll area.

thank you
    having your pics off the camera roll is a good thing...it makes your back-up much faster......I moved all my pics to folder on pc..then when you sync you choose what folder(s) you want to put back on phone....the camera roll was never meant to be used as storage....as a post above mentioned.....just curious why you want them back on your roll?....i think its way better to have camera roll then folders of your pics below it....good luck.

i want them back on my camera roll, so i can view them eaiser. as in if i am taking a picture, i can just tap on the camera roll icon while in the camera application and then view the photos from there

Does anyone know how to ssh a video into the camera roll for editing and uploading purposes. Thanks

Default Putting Photos back to Camera Roll from PC
    Putting Photos back to Camera Roll from PC

I know this thread is a year and a half old but I was recently looking for an answer to this and never found it, but I discovered how to do it.

With a jailbroken iPhone with iFile on it, browse to the folder containing the photos (any folder). Tap on the blue arrow to the right of the screen for the photo or video wanting to be on the camera roll. This will show you the file properties. Scroll to the bottom of the file properties and tap on Add to Camera Roll. Voila!!

Likewise, if you tap on a photo from iFile as if to view it, there will be an icon at the bottom of the screen that looks like a folder with an arrow on it. Tapping that icon will add the photo to the camera roll.