Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is my iphone good for junk?

Default is my iphone good for junk?
    Hi,

Last Sunday, while I was installing app with Cydia, my Iphone crashed, giving me an Apple logo loop. I immediatly went on my desktop computer to make a restore. I was on firmware 3.0 and itunes asked me to download the 3.1 wich I did. Everything was OK since the iphone restarted to show me the apple logo with the restoration loading bar. itunes was telling me "waiting for the iphone" and my phone restarted and itunes gave me an error 1611 with a link to the apple troubleshooting. (the one that is for about 20 error codes, the usb thing) Well I tried EVERYTHING on that page. The only difference was that I was no more getting the logo loop, it was now the connect to itunes picture, and the error code was 6, wich send me to the same troubleshooting proccess.
    I decided to install itunes on my laptop and tried again, still getting an error 6.
    I tried to restore on DFU MODE and RESTORE MODE. Both are giving me the same result, error 6.

I tried everything, went today to the apple store. The guy tried to restore it only 1 time. He plugged it, put it into DFU mode, clicked on restore and this time my iphone showed a half apple logo, the guy quickly disconnected it and told me that there was notting to do as this is a hardware issue.

I was normally using my iphone when this occured, yes I was using a cracked app but this can only create software issue, no?

I'm searching for a way to fully clean my iphone and make a fresh install of the firmware.

If you could suggest me anything it would be apreciated.
    Please understand that I tried everything in the Apple troubleshooting, so don't tell me to change usb port, reinstall itunes, DFU, etc. I tried on 2 different computers!

Thank You
    Steve

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

IF it's a hardware issue are you still under warranty? How long have you had it? If I were you I would go back to that store and pitch a fit until they hooked you up. Unless you have done something that would make them think you opened it up and screwed with it. That's not cool!

no it's not under warranty since july!
    I didn't open it too!

maybe this could help:
    when I start redsn0w, and following the steps, it gets my phone to show "downloading jailbreak data" and when it finishes, it makes my phone restart and that's the farthest it goes but at least it's better than itunes can do!
    Maybe a tool to access the phone in dfu mode could exist.
    Last edited by s73v3; 2009-10-07 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=s73v3;4984756]no it's not under warranty since july!
    I didn't open it too!

Dude, 3 months out of warranty. You need to get on the phone with Apple and AT&T and throw a HUGE FIT!!!! Unless you did something there shouldn't be a "hardware malfunction" that they shouldn't look at deeply. How old is the phone?

I bought it on ebay, so my phone company doesn't care about my case, and the guy told me that the only solution was a special price replacement of 230$...