Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Random luck with AT&T

Default Random luck with AT&T
    I sold my iPhone 3G a while back in hopes of getting a 3G S. Well after my car got crushed by someone who drove off, that didn't happen.

I called and tried to talk myself into an early upgrade as I can't get a 199 3G S until March. The guy wouldn't clear me for an upgrade, but he was like lets just get that 30 dollar a month data plan off seeing as you don't have an iPhone. I was a bit confused as they normally would never do that for any of my friends because that's how they make back their money on the subsidized phone.

I just opened another line for 9.99 and got the iPhone that way. No duplication on data plan, and they transferred the new data plan to my old number.

Extra line given to my little brother.

I do this daily but it is a good story for people that get there iphones smashed or what ever

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

For your contract you don't have to keep the same phone the whole time; when you change phones you can drop the data plans for it also. I normally switch phones roughly 3 times a year. (I like to try all sorts of phones, but always come back to iPhone.) They get the money back by you just being a customer for 2 more years.

Well at 10 bucks a month (which is what my old line is paying now), they won't be making much back.

I know you can switch phones at any time, but normally if you start with an iPhone, they will give you hell about dropping the data plan for it, regardless of what phone you switch to.

At least in my past experiences...

Thanks

That's kinda odd to me. I have had all versions of the iPhones and never got any hastle when switching. But then again the ATT store employees know me easily because I buy so many different phones . I do buy unlocked phones online but I also grab some directly from ATT store.

(The buying 3 a year was low-balling it. Just this year I have had, BB Pearl, G1, Nokia e71x, LG Eternity, and now the 3G[s].)

^^^^
    thats low balling i have now had 24 phones in 3 years thats 8 phones a year and about to get another in 2 weeks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

the'll still be getting $240 from you in two years. That adds up

True, but the little brother needed a cell phone anyway, so it's not an added expense.

Thanks

Since I switch phones so frequently they are still in new condition and I sell them to a co-worker who pays above ebay price and ships them to Africa. Never really ran into problems getting them unlocked through ATT either, for the ATT phones that are locked like the BB.

I recently add 2 more lines onto my account for my mother and step-father. They were unhappy with T-mobile and I always have roll over mins. They hardly ever switch phones so that is an extra 2 lines to grab the upgrades with for my use on to the 2 lines I originally have , plus they help pay it but are still paying less than what they did with t-mobile.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2009-10-07 at 01:52 AM.