Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there "an app for that"?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Default Is there "an app for that"?
    I'd like to create a folder of images in iphoto or file magnet or something and sync to my iphone THEN I want to password protect that folder of images ONLY. I have some designs we've engineered for my business and I want to keep the images on my iphone to share with certain investors at dinner, but not ALL of them all the time.

mh, I'm not sure if this fits your needs, but maybe you want to check out dropbox. you create an account and can upload any kind of data to that account and watch them on the iphone, and obiously you can only access the data when you are logged into your account.

Thanks

No uploads. This is sensitive material. Needs to be locked on my phone behind a password. These are designs that are going into patents we already hold that will cost $3,000 each to get inserted into current patents...... they aren't exactly gonna be thrown around.

Thanks though.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Problem with apps like that is they won't sync with the computer due to restrictions from Apple. Software Ops LLC on the app store might be worth checking out though.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    No uploads. This is sensitive material. Needs to be locked on my phone behind a password. These are designs that are going into patents we already hold that will cost $3,000 each to get inserted into current patents...... they aren't exactly gonna be thrown around.

Thanks though.
    mh yeah that makes it a little difficult.
    the only idea I have is to sync the stuff to your iphone (if they are images, if they are something else you need to find a file viewer that displays that filetype) and then just set the passcode lock for the phone. then you need a passcode every time you want to unlock the phone.

Besides that, I really have no idea ... maybe you want to create an enterprise app for that

SplashPhoto.

Thanks

CLOSE, but don't want another app on my comp and i didn't look but i think it's a windows app. (which doesn't matter either way since I don't want another app on my comp.) I really just want to sync through iphoto and add a password so maybe it'll happen soon. I can drop them in filemagnet, but don't remember if I can password protect them. I have to check that out....... (right now).

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    CLOSE, but don't want another app on my comp and i didn't look but i think it's a windows app. (which doesn't matter either way since I don't want another app on my comp.) I really just want to sync through iphoto and add a password so maybe it'll happen soon. I can drop them in filemagnet, but don't remember if I can password protect them. I have to check that out....... (right now).
    Actually tinkerbell, you dont HAVE to use the desktop software which is for Windows OR Mac. You still sync photos like normal through iPhoto.

And you can transfer what you want into splashphoto from the stock photo app on the phone directly. And password protect it, also create albums directly on the phone.

It is......exactly.....what you want
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-10-06 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks

Not EXACTLY........ http://grab.by/7N0

That's a screen shot of the library inside the app which I can download, view, or edit any picture in it by simply SSH'ing into my phone.

WHOOPS!

So is that a good thing.....looks good

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Swapphoto with Lockdown. Simple enough. Both are free in Cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    So is that a good thing.....looks good
    ehhh no it only secures the interface in the app (front door). The back door is still wide open.

Ever seen those bugs bunny cartoons where they hold a door up and make them knock to get to the other side, but sometimes they just walk around the side of the door?

So you that worried about your backdoor

I got an idea........

Dont give anyone your iphone and let them plug it into the comp to SSH into it and steal your pics.

Oh but wait.....if you lose it.....they will find it and steal your secret pic stuff.....and ruin your life with it.

Or....

Conspiracy theory much?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So you are worried about someone jacking your phone?