Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G Touchscreen goes mad when charging!

Default 2G Touchscreen goes mad when charging!
    Hello!

I have a friend with an 8GB 2G.

In normal use the touchscreen functionality is perfect, but when the phone is on charge and she tries to use the touchscreen the response is all eratic; the slide-to-unlock is really difficult, icons can't be selected properly once the phone is off the lock screen etc etc.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any suggestions on what we might try in order to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

mh, pretty strange. well, the obvious steps with these kind of things is: another usb port/computer and another connection cable if one is available.
    if those things don't help, then I'm afraid the next step would be a restore.

I havn't really a clue what is causing this. I know that, if I copy something to my phone over SSH, my phone behaves similair because the hard drive is in use and it get's REALLY laggy until the file is copied over - but of course that's pretty normal, it shouldn't happen while charging though.

So my first guess is that somehow your computer is accessing the phone all the time.

well, try the basic troubleshooting I posted at the beginning of this post, see if it helps.