Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dumb @$$ phone will not RESTORE

Default Dumb @$$ phone will not RESTORE
    phone is acting up im on 3.0, downloaded the 3.0 firmware, and tried 3.0.1 as well through itunes, it did not work, so i upgraded itunes tried again, same damn error "could not be restored, the device isnt eligible for the requested build." id really like to be able to use my phone again

If you have a 3GS then you'll have to go to 3.1 (because Apple quit signing FW under 3.1) unless your ECID is stored on Saurik's server.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I typically find the dumba$$ is usually not the phone. So, let me qualify you for saint or sinner by asking - do you have a 3gs and if so is there a reason why you haven't read the 135 threads found in search plus the 4 huge 800+ post threads on restoring 3gs to 3.0FW? OOORRRRR........ do you have a 3g or 2g and are just having a bad luck run and need more help?

No the dumbass is APPLe, because we line their pockets with cash and they put all these stupid *** restrictions on **** that WE pay for.

i have 3gs, i have no jailbreak or anything else. I simply need to restore my phone, and keep tethering which i guess is not possible My phone is not loading any Apps, i NEED tethering for my job.

so im screwed once again because of apple? Great. PC FTW

i havent read the 32098325 posts, because im not interested in all the other crap, nor do i have time to sit here and read a phone site. However since the problem has arrived i have learned about the signing crap apple pulled, for god knows why

So i guess i either 1) lose tethering, 2) lose apps what a piece...
    Last edited by Smoked_tails; 2009-10-05 at 07:20 AM.

1. Watch the profanity.

2. All you can do is 3.1

PS- Technically your getting mad for not being able to tether, which your technically not paying for as ATT doesnt allow it on an iphone. So your getting mad because you cant stick it to ATT anymore.

Stick it to att? lol. as if apple ANd att doesnt stick it to us daily?? I pay ATT plenty of money, and just as much a month on internet alone as I do to my home broadband, why the hell wouldnt i be able to use it? You guys acts like ATT reps. what profanity?? thats what the handy dandy stars are made for on the site.

What about erase all content and settings on the phone itself? Is that worth trying?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

i havent read the 32098325 posts, because im not interested in all the other crap, nor do i have time to sit here and read a phone site. However since the problem has arrived i have learned about the signing crap apple pulled, for god knows why
    http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...ml#post4531371

I-RON-Y

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

huh you must have searched to find that interesting post. Wow, what a concept.

thats like making a thread saying im whacking it, are you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    1. Smoked_tails posts a clueless post and doesn't bother to check other posts first using MMI search.
    2. Smoked_tails gets his [blank] handed to him.
    3. Smoked_tails mouths off because he claims there are too many posts to even think about using the MMI search.
    4. one1 find a previous post where Smoked_tails is being a total hypocrite. Now that's priceless!!!

Last edited by reddawg; 2009-10-06 at 09:57 AM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Hahaha, you're silly...

For someone who "havent read the 32098325 posts, because im not interested in all the other crap, nor do i have time to sit here and read a phone site", you sure do have a bunch of BS random posts on other threads lol

...and by silly I mean DUMB!
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-10-05 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

5) Ya join date Aug 2008, posts 72 with this one, do the math idiot

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    1. Smoked_tails post a clueless post and doesn't bother to check other posts first.
    2. Smoked_tails gets his [blank] handed to him.
    3. Smoked_tails mouths off because he claims there are too many post to even think about using the MMI search.
    4. one1 find a previous post where Smoked_tails is being a total hypocrite. Now that's pricesless!!!

whats PRICELESS, is your spelling hot shot. I'd rather have a problem with my phone not being able to downgrade, rather then being so stupid that you don't know what a red underline means when your typing.
    Last edited by Smoked_tails; 2009-10-06 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked_tails View Post
    rather then being so stupid that you don't know what a red underline means when your typing.
    It's spelled you're. Your is a possessive adjective (i.e. your last statement was ironic). This is completely different to "you're" which is an abbreviated form of you are (i.e. you are far too angry).
    Anyway, let's all relax.

Is your iPhone problem solved now?
    Last edited by dale1v; 2009-10-06 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked_tails View Post
    5)
    whats PRICELESS, is your spelling hot shot. I'd rather have a problem with my phone not being able to downgrade, rather then being so stupid that you don't know what a red underline means when your typing.
    Umm.. I can find so many grammatical errors with these two sentences alone.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Nope, i guess maybe i will just upgrade to 3.1 so i can use aps atleast, i really need tethering for the road, but i need aps too. Its a toss up im still stuck in the middle. Anyone know how any 3.1 tethering is coming? I dont see anything in site

Thanks

Nobody knows.. whenever someone figures it out or AT&T starts allowing it I guess.
    You can always use PDAnet though I heard it's not as good as the built-in tethering feature.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

what is that? Ive heard of it alot around here never tried it. If i tether i usually dont need anything too well, or for too long
    where do i get it? How does it work? Cost? thanx

Thanks

PDAnet can be found through cydia.
    I don't know much about it since I don't tether.
    (hint: google is a great tool )