Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: root partition size?

thanks blackwolf but i am wondering if it will run faster if i put it with 1GB

no signature links or spam.... only warning

Quote Originally Posted by stonyboys View Post
    my guess would be no. then again, I have a 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by stonyboys View Post
    anyone know?

Thanks

I just set mine to 666 (but only to satisfy my desire).

Guys, specially with this 3.1 firmware.. and all together with every single iPhone which is jailbroken...., root partition size DEFINITELY MATTERS when talking about the speed of the phone. Bigger the partition, the slower the phone is. Trust me, I have tested this TIME after TIME with many different firmwares, many different models of iPhones. I try to keep it to the default 600's that Pwnag3 suggests. I made an initial 4gb partition and the whole thing felt like an iPhone trying to load the new york times web site on edge. Im using a 3GS right now and trust me when I tell you, 450 might be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by liammanson View Post
    Guys, specially with this 3.1 firmware.. and all together with every single iPhone which is jailbroken...., root partition size DEFINITELY MATTERS when talking about the speed of the phone. Bigger the partition, the slower the phone is. Trust me, I have tested this TIME after TIME with many different firmwares, many different models of iPhones. I try to keep it to the default 600's that Pwnag3 suggests. I made an initial 4gb partition and the whole thing felt like an iPhone trying to load the new york times web site on edge. Im using a 3GS right now and trust me when I tell you, 450 might be the way to go.
    where would the sense in that be? I mean you have to have space on the media partition as well, but bigger system partition should not slow the system down. Of course if you pack your media partition full that will slow the phone down as well, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by liammanson View Post
    wait wtf? i thought it was the other way around???????

What would you recommend as the Boot Partition size for my upgrade:

8GB iPhone 2G 2.2
    going to
    FW 3.1.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12