Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS limit?

Default SMS limit?
    So earlier today after receiving a text I got an alert that said "Your sms mailbox is full. New messages cannot be received until you delete some messages." I didn't know the iphone had a limit and this really is pissing me off. I do not delete my text messages.

So to summarize:

1. What is the limit on the number of texts

2. How can I change the limit.

I have an iphone 3gs jailbroken on 3.0.

I have never heard of a limit before...but stop being stubborn and start deleting You dont really need every text message hoarder...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

There's a limit?!
    No way.. I had all my texts from August '08 (when i got it) til June '09 (3.0 fresh install) and never ran into a limit.

I think it just goes until you run out of room in the phone...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I've had mine since june february of 2008 and just ran into a limit now, I have 9 gb of free space, so I don't think it's that, I'm using tansee iphone sms transfer to backup my sms messages and looking at it I have over 35000 texts with some people.

Do your fingers hurt?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

35,000? Wow.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Nah, I text like 12000 per month on average, but any ideas if I can change the limit guys?

Thanks

12k?! I'm at like 1-6k a month.. My highest was in the 7,000s I think but that was a drama filled month.. and my best friend just moved so we texted like crazy.. yeahhh...

I have a few people I text constantly and it just adds up I guess.