Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Help

Exclamation 3G Help
    I was wondering if I can restore with 3.1 firmware and then downgrade it with 3.0, would I still be able to unlock my iphone. My iphone is stuck on the apple start up and I already jailbroke it, but it stays stuck on the apple start up. Don't want to really restore with 3.1 firmware. Can anyone help out, thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you using a PC 3.1 can not be jailbroken so I would suggest you stay on 3.0 for now.
    You'll need to put the phone in DFU mode then restore in iTunes 8.2 back to 3.0
    In case you need help here's how. ((First method works best))
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative method.
    Step 1. While the device is on, hold down the Sleep / Wake and Home buttons for exactly 10 seconds, the device will restart.
    Step 2. Release the Sleep / Wake button, but keep holding down the Home button for another 10 seconds.
    Step 3. Release the Home button.

Then re-jailbreak
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-03 at 08:42 PM.

which is the sleep and wake button cuz my iphone will not shut off with the power button

That is the power button, If it doesnt function then you may need to replace it or find another way to put the phone into recovery mode. One way, but risky is to attempt a restore using 3.1 and remove the cable as the phone reboots into recovery mode...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ risky indeed, no button control gonna make this tuff.

Well if he is already on 3.1 then its not as risky

BUT, anyone else who is on 3.0.1 or below, attempt this method with extreme caution. If your phone upgrades to 3.1 you will lose the ability to unlock and I will be in no way held responsible
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME