Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone is stuck at apple logo and is really messed up please help me

Default iPhone is stuck at apple logo and is really messed up please help me
    Quick Summary

-My iphone has been giving problems for the past 2 months and now it finally "crashed" i guess. The problem is that it will sit at the apple logo and then restart itself or it will go to the apple logo and i will get the spinning wheel and then it will restart. Never will it get as far as too my lockscreen. When plugged into my computer it cannot be recognized unless i put it into restore mode. Once i put it in restore mode It is able to be detected in iTunes and i can restore it. Oonce i click restore it says restore and update but im already on 3.1..strang? anyways i restore and after its done it says iphone has been restored and it is restarting. After this the following will happen
    -It will sit at the apple logo with the spinning circle even though i just restored it
    -It will start up once and then when i press the power/off button to go to my lockscreen the lockscreen inst there it's just a black screen

One thing i found is that when i switch sim cards or take out the sim card everything seems to be working fine but once i put the one that i actually use in it gives problems. <---not 100% about this

Im just so lost at what to do right now, everthing is on my iphone i cant afford to not have it workingg. I dont think its bricked because it has worked as if nothing is wrong with it before but then it just gets messed up again. maybe my watchdog file or something is corrupted, but shouldn't that be fixed in a restore...idk. please help me
    Last edited by littleboy683; 2009-10-03 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleboy683 View Post
    -My iphone has been giving problems for the past 2 months and now it finally "crashed" i guess. The problem is that it will sit at the apple logo and then restart itself or it will go to the apple logo and i will get the spinning wheel and then it will restart.
    There is a fix for the spinning wheel of death. See link

iPhoneFreakz _ All The Latest And Greatest iPhone News Apple Logo of Death solution! (SWOD)

When plugged into my computer it cannot be recognized unless i put it into restore mode. Once i put it in restore mode It is able to be detected in iTunes and i can restore it. Oonce i click restore it says restore and update but im already on 3.1..strang? anyways i restore and after its done it says iphone has been restored and it is restarting. After this the following will happen
    -It will sit at the apple logo with the spinning circle even though i just restored it
    -It will start up once and then when i press the power/off button to go to my lockscreen the lockscreen inst there it's just a black screen
    The above solution in the link will probably no longer work, but at this point you have nothing to lose trying it.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown