Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springboard scrolling is not smooth, some lag

Default Springboard scrolling is not smooth, some lag
    So I have my 3G on 3.0 unlocked and ultras0wed. Using SBSettings, available RAM is 55 mb after Free Memory.

I also have a brand new iTouch 2G next to me and you can do this test to. I went to my home screen and just held it and went to the left and right slowly. I notice on my phone that its not smooth like the new iTouch, instead its kind of jagged. I see this also when I unlock the phone when all the icons fly onto the springboard, its not smooth like the iTouch. Apps too.

I just uninstalled everything I never used so I really dont have that many apps and stuff installed, and Im only using WB for a couple of icons.

What could be causing this??? Its so much nicer looking at the iTouch cause its so smooth and apps load faster etc.

I know the more things you have installed the slower the phone will get, but really I dont have that much stuff installed. Would a lot of music have some influence? iPod app is not running though.

Any help? Does this happen on yours?

Note:

When doing the home screen scrolling, my phone is jagged, but when I scroll so that only the left 2 columns are shown and im mostly in the Spotlight search, it gets as smooth then as the iTouch.

Quote Originally Posted by gotem3303 View Post
    So I have my 3G on 3.0 unlocked and ultras0wed. Using SBSettings, available RAM is 55 mb after Free Memory.

I also have a brand new iTouch 2G next to me and you can do this test to. I went to my home screen and just held it and went to the left and right slowly. I notice on my phone that its not smooth like the new iTouch, instead its kind of jagged. I see this also when I unlock the phone when all the icons fly onto the springboard, its not smooth like the iTouch. Apps too.

I just uninstalled everything I never used so I really dont have that many apps and stuff installed, and Im only using WB for a couple of icons.

What could be causing this??? Its so much nicer looking at the iTouch cause its so smooth and apps load faster etc.

I know the more things you have installed the slower the phone will get, but really I dont have that much stuff installed. Would a lot of music have some influence? iPod app is not running though.

Any help? Does this happen on yours?

Note:

When doing the home screen scrolling, my phone is jagged, but when I scroll so that only the left 2 columns are shown and im mostly in the Spotlight search, it gets as smooth then as the iTouch.
    well, winterboarc COULD be an issue.
    also, you could install sysinfoplus, look at the process list and post the name of all the processes listed there here. maybe I find a process causing this.

also note that on the 2G and 3G, scrolling to the spotlight search is sometimes laggy, but all other springboard pages should scroll fine.

if nothing helps, a restore should do the trick (remember not to restore to stock 3.1 firmware!!)

I have:

MxT2D
    accessoryd
    BTServer
    mediaserverd
    Springboard
    Sysinfoplus

other processes:
    kernal_task
    launchd
    notifyd
    mDNSResponder
    syslogd
    configd
    sbsettingsd
    lockdownd
    fairplayd
    configd
    CmmCenter

Can I afford to cancel any of these?

Quote Originally Posted by gotem3303 View Post
    I have:

MxT2D
    accessoryd
    BTServer
    mediaserverd
    Springboard
    Sysinfoplus

other processes:
    kernal_task
    launchd
    notifyd
    mDNSResponder
    syslogd
    configd
    sbsettingsd
    lockdownd
    fairplayd
    configd
    CmmCenter

Can I afford to cancel any of these?
    well, it's all pretty normal. you could try uninstall MXTube, but I doubt that will help. maybe something is just screwed up, I would advise you to restore and see if that helps