Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Same gmail on 2 iphones?

Default Same gmail on 2 iphones?
    So far the gmail sync/push is perfectly working on my iphone
    Planning to buy the newer 3GS for the wife. Since we share the same gmail account, can I configure both the iphones with the same gmail account.

Will this work?

yes, since gmail is imap it will work.
    but: if one of you reads a mail, it will be marked as read on the server and therefore disappear on the other device as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    yes, since gmail is imap it will work.
    but: if one of you reads a mail, it will be marked as read on the server and therefore disappear on the other device as well.
    The read email will still be shown in the other device, right? It just won't show up as new??

Quote Originally Posted by vhl71 View Post
    The read email will still be shown in the other device, right? It just won't show up as new??
    yeah sure, I didn't make myself clear, sorry. I meant it disappears as an unread mail, but of course it will be visible on all devices. BUT if you delete a message, it will be deleted on ALL devices.

a way around this would be to use POP3 instead of IMAP, but you can't use push with POP3 and, if you read a message on your device, it's still marked as unread on the server (so, for example, if you get mails from your computer, the message you already read on your device will show up as unread).