Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WINSCP: Please help

Default WINSCP: Please help
    So every time I connect to WINSCP it times out after a few seconds. I am able to move around a bit but then it always looses connection. I cannot run any putty/terminal commands as it always times out for those.

I've tried all kinds of solutions I searched for on the internet including trying to SSH via USB into my iphone.

I have openSSH on my phone, but cydia will no longer work for me so I cannot reinstall openSSH to see if that fixes the issue. Honeslty all I'm trying to fix is my cydia by removing and reinstalling with a .deb file via SSH.

What I think it is, is that I'm using my work laptop at home and it has some kind of firewall or port blocking that sees the SSH connection and thinks its bad so it severs connection (maybe router related?

I'll admit I do not know enough about port blocking and firewalls to understand whats going on.

If somene could ultimately show me a way to SSH via USB while still at work (past all their

blocking) would be awesome!!

3Gs jailbroken with purplerain with custom 3.0 (settings says 3.0.1 though)

is it possible that your phone is simply going into standby?

I'm not sure what you mean by standby, can you clarify?

If you mean autolock I set autolock to never also.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1114 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by standby, can you clarify?

If you mean autolock I set autolock to never also.
    yeah, I meant autolock. because if the phone is locked (either by autolock or by you pressing the power button on top) it turns of the wifi -> the connection is interrupted.

are you sure the phone keeps the wifi connection? because I think it's more likely that it is a problem with wifi than a problem with SSH.

No its not a WIFI issue.