Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issues playing music with dock

Unhappy Issues playing music with dock
    Hi Guys,

INFO:

iPhone 3G[S] 16GB
    FW: 3.0.1
    Jailbroken
    Computer: Windows Vista

History:

Wired a 2G dock into my car so i can dock my 2G iPhone and listen to music/podcasts over car head unit.

Used same setup + new 3GS dock and nothing. The iPhone does not stop playing music out the internal speaker when docked and no music over my car speakers.

To reiterate: Yes I am using a compatible dock. I think... at least the 3GS fits into it. It is not a 2G dock - would not even fit.

Do I have a 3G dock and its not compatible with my 3GS?
    Is my dock broken?
    Is the 3GS compatible with Apple iPhone docks?

thanx for any help

tim

ps: don't be a ****** bag and post - "just get the Apple audio/video cable". I want to use a dock so I can always have my iPhone at my fingertips setting upright in my ash-tray. It would also slide around a lot if I just used a cord.

i just hope dont be a ****** bag but could be that your dock only is compatible with the 3g one sometimes its a issue of changes in the hardware of the 3gs try your dock with a 3g to see if its the dock

Just tried to use my wall charger with the dock and my 3GS said that charging was not compatible with the accessory. I decided to buy a dock from another source and see if the dock I have is crap. If this new dock does not work then I will probably have to get a bluetooth head unit like my wife has.

tim

Are you just using a standard dock from Apple? I am not so sure that will work with what you are trying to do...you might be better off integrating a a/v cable into your head unit that plugs into the headphone jack
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME