Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Caller ID switchs ON when there's NO SERVICE!

Question Caller ID switchs ON when there's NO SERVICE!
    I have the 1st generation iphone and the firmware was recenterly upgraded to 3.0(7a341) 04.05.04_G all works fine but when I enter to a place like an elevator mi signal goes to NO SERVICE and when signal returns automatically changes my caller ID to ON and don't let me make calls, so i need to change it again to OFF. Is very annoying to do this all the time.
    Any suggestions? Help!!!
    Thanks for your time...

do you mean the "show my caller id" switch? strange, if you mean that. but even if the switch changes: why can't you make any calls when it's set to on?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

erickwood (2009-09-29)

Yes, "show my caller ID" switch, I don't Know! The only thing that let me do is recive calls an messages!

Quote Originally Posted by erickwood View Post
    Yes, "show my caller ID" switch, I don't Know! The only thing that let me do is recive calls an messages!
    that's pretty strange, you might wanna call your carrier about that.
    still, the iphone should not switch the switch back on in my opinion, but I havn't had it off so I can't say for sure. If possible, I will test if mine does the same thing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

erickwood (2009-09-29)

Ok, you let me know. Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by erickwood View Post
    Ok, you let me know. Thank's
    I will. normally the phone constantly loses the network connection when I'm home, but seems like my carrier has a good day ... I will report back though

edit: alright, so here we go: mine doesn't do that. if I switch it to off, it stays off. if I switch it to on, it stays on. maybe it's a problem with your simcard or something. like I said, even if the phone switches the switch to on automatically, you should still be able to make calls without problems. I'd call my carrier about that ...
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-09-29 at 12:47 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

erickwood (2009-09-29)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    I will. normally the phone constantly loses the network connection when I'm home, but seems like my carrier has a good day ... I will report back though

edit: alright, so here we go: mine doesn't do that. if I switch it to off, it stays off. if I switch it to on, it stays on. maybe it's a problem with your simcard or something. like I said, even if the phone switches the switch to on automatically, you should still be able to make calls without problems. I'd call my carrier about that ...
    Ok, I call my carrier and they told me that I need to go for a simcard change and that will do!
    Thank's for everything!