Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery Wifi SCREEN LIGHT??????????

Talking Battery Wifi SCREEN LIGHT??????????
    Went to bed like at 10pm...before that I was on Nimbuzz via Wifi online..just pressed the home button to put phone to sleep..usually it auto turn off the wifi. But...this time and since few days early I`vbe noticed that he didn`t turn the wifi off...
    So at like 1:00am in the morning I get and MSN msg..I was like WTF...any way went looking at the phone and was still online and then pressed the power button again to put it to sleep...now in the morning I woke up and it still was online with the wifi..

Now here the good part...the whole night the phone was via WIFI online on MSN..from like 9:00pm before I sleep till 6:30am in the morning...thats a lot of HOURS.. Before I sleep the battery was at 95% and when I woke-up the battery was at 64%... I was so suprised..

Now it seems that the Backlight of the 3G really sucks a lot of power...more than the wifi it self... How could that be if a wifi requires more power to send an receive... I also received more messages from other people..and I DONT USE PUSH....
    I use WIfi and NIMBUZZ and when I press home button it Quits..

This is very good thing..!!
    Just wanted to share that

not getting it ... how do you know that wifi has been on?
    you know that the iphone automatically turns wifi back on as soon as you light the screen? so how do you know if the iphone propertly turned off wifi or not?

and what about the screen? the screen takes power, but not as much as wifi in my experience, if that's what you wanted to know ...

I'm really not quite getting what you're saying, sorry

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

do you have Insomnia installed?

I know when the wifi is on or off when the phone is sleeping.. You can see that.. Say you have been on wifi and on MSN for a while, and you just quit MSN and press power button to sleep mode..now press the powerbutton/ home button in about 5 minetus back to just light up to unlock your phone and you will see that there is no WIfi ICON on the status bar..just keep letting is on for a few second then you`ll see the wifi icon comes on back while you still on the Lockscreen. (you`ll have to keep playing with the slider but do not unlock it to keep the screen up)

And also I`ve tried it today with my other MSN on the iphone and other MSN on MAC...and put my phone to sleep...and my MSN was still online on the iphone...
    There is nothin other installed than I know that could do that..when nimbuzz or any other msn thing is not open..the wifi will be turned off when I press or put to phone to sleep..

I`l try to make a video so everyone understand..

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    not getting it ... how do you know that wifi has been on?
    you know that the iphone automatically turns wifi back on as soon as you light the screen? so how do you know if the iphone propertly turned off wifi or not?

and what about the screen? the screen takes power, but not as much as wifi in my experience, if that's what you wanted to know ...

I'm really not quite getting what you're saying, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    I know when the wifi is on or off when the phone is sleeping.. You can see that.. Say you have been on wifi and on MSN for a while, and you just quit MSN and press power button to sleep mode..now press the powerbutton/ home button in about 5 minetus back to just light up to unlock your phone and you will see that there is no WIfi ICON on the status bar..just keep letting is on for a few second then you`ll see the wifi icon comes on back while you still on the Lockscreen. (you`ll have to keep playing with the slider but do not unlock it to keep the screen up)

And also I`ve tried it today with my other MSN on the iphone and other MSN on MAC...and put my phone to sleep...and my MSN was still online on the iphone...
    There is nothin other installed than I know that could do that..when nimbuzz or any other msn thing is not open..the wifi will be turned off when I press or put to phone to sleep..

I`l try to make a video so everyone understand..
    true, but maybe you just have a fast network so the iphone logs in fast.
    you could be logged in because push is somehow running in the background, but it's strange, admittingly.
    but from what you describe with your battery life I guess it's rather push going wild than wifi.

Hey people here are some videos I`ve made..just take a look

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f3LRaDUs-I]YouTube - Iphone Internet[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POOQUZfn0zc]YouTube - Iphone internet stays on[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKaq5ARlDC4]YouTube - Iphone inernet[/ame]

You can see that its for real..and I have only stupid 1Mbit connction....
    THe thing stay connected ..very strange and good...there you can see that the Backlit has more influence on the battery than the wifi itself