Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH into JB 3.1?

Default SSH into JB 3.1?
    I'm sorry but I'm having a witch of a time SSH'ing since I upgraded to 3.1 and re JB'd...

My usual Cydia Connect isn't working anymore and I can't seem to find anything in the threads here explaining it.

Yes I installed Openssh
    Yes I enabled SSH in SBSsettings

I tried the 'bonjour' button and no luck there either.

(connection failed message)

Is there another step I'm missing?

(I just want to drop in some themes etc)

MAC OSX 10.5.8
    Last edited by klumsyninja; 2009-09-28 at 06:07 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

reboot the iphone...run cyberduck again.
    make sure username and password are correct.

do you have Transmit? much better than cyberduck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

klumsyninja (2009-09-28)

I think I have a trial of Transit, I'll try it when I get home from work today and respond. Thanks for your help.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Not calling you dumb.... but did you make sure that your IP Addresses match up?

Ohh I just went back and read it again ... not sure how to use it on a MAC
    Last edited by santacruzlocal; 2009-09-29 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by klumsyninja View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm having a witch of a time SSH'ing since I upgraded to 3.1 and re JB'd...

My usual Cydia Connect isn't working anymore and I can't seem to find anything in the threads here explaining it.

Yes I installed Openssh
    Yes I enabled SSH in SBSsettings

I tried the 'bonjour' button and no luck there either.

(connection failed message)

Is there another step I'm missing?

(I just want to drop in some themes etc)

MAC OSX 10.5.8
    I also cannot SSH with my newly jailbroken 2g iphone running 3.1. I tried restarting both the phone and Cyberduck and it still fails to connect. I also currently have an iphone 3GS running 3.0 and have absolutely no problems connecting SSH, which proves that Cybeduck is fine.. I haven't tried Transit though.. anyone?
    Last edited by boogerman2000; 2009-10-14 at 01:00 AM.

SSH is not disabled with 3.1, I'm prove ;-)

I noticed, though, that cyberduck sometimes has problems with fresh iphones (=iphones where SSH is installed recently). I get timeout sometimes even though my iphone is fine. Rebooting the iphone and cybderduck helps.

Try this: Make absolutly sure your mac and iphone are on the same wifi network and that you know your iphones IP adress (yeah, I know, basic stuff, still just look the IP up to be sure!). go into terminal, then enter

ssh [email protected]
    of course, you replace IPADRESS with the actual IP. so for example: [email protected]

see what this does and report back

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    SSH is not disabled with 3.1, I'm prove ;-)

I noticed, though, that cyberduck sometimes has problems with fresh iphones (=iphones where SSH is installed recently). I get timeout sometimes even though my iphone is fine. Rebooting the iphone and cybderduck helps.

Try this: Make absolutly sure your mac and iphone are on the same wifi network and that you know your iphones IP adress (yeah, I know, basic stuff, still just look the IP up to be sure!). go into terminal, then enter

ssh [email protected]
    of course, you replace IPADRESS with the actual IP. so for example: [email protected]

see what this does and report back
    Got it.. I hadn't installed openssh on my phone..pretty stupid oversight ha ha.. Anyway, thanks for the help.
    Last edited by boogerman2000; 2009-10-14 at 01:05 AM.