Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Can I Enable Lanscape SMS on My iPhone 1G on 2.2.1?

If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

you CAN use mms on 2g with activatemms2g. I'm using it right now on T-Mobile sharing pictures with friends like its supposed to be with no effects on battery life. I used the T-Mobile Carrier settings in Cydia and it makes the iphone work as if it were designed to work on t-mobile. I have 0 bugs and everything works fine .

^Like I said, it will work with a 3rd party app

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post

after you restore iTunes will open..It will ask if you want to set the phone up as a new phone or set the phone up from a previous backup. You want to select set up as new.

To JB you are going to need the most current version of redsn0w which is 0.8. You will have to select the 3.0 ipsw in redsn0w to jailbreak 3.0.1.

And YES, that guide is the exact guide you need to follow
    Melech, I need your help desperately. When I upgraded to itunes 9.0.1, I haven't been able to sync my iphone to WinSCP or iPhone Tunnel Suite. But, iTunes syncs well with my phone, so there's no issue with iTunes. I have SSH turned on. I tried plugging in different USB ports, and the same result. This never happened before. I get this error message when I try to connect:

'Network Error: Software Caused Connection Abort'.

What could be wrong? What do I do?

Well yes you need to put the phone in DFU and restore rather than upgrade. You will need to press the Shift button and press restore and select the 3.0.1 ipsw.

after you restore iTunes will open..It will ask if you want to set the phone up as a new phone or set the phone up from a previous backup. You want to select set up as new.

To JB you are going to need the most current version of redsn0w which is 0.8. You will have to select the 3.0 ipsw in redsn0w to jailbreak 3.0.1.

And YES, that guide is the exact guide you need to follow
    Hi, Melech... I did as you asked... I held down the shift key and clicked 'restore' in itunes to set up my phone as a new phone for upgrading to 3.0.1. But, I never got a message that asked me if I wanted to set up my iphone as a new phone. What do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by big black View Post
    Hi, Melech... I did as you asked... I held down the shift key and clicked 'restore' in itunes to set up my phone as a new phone for upgrading to 3.0.1. But, I never got a message that asked me if I wanted to set up my iphone as a new phone. What do you suggest?
    I suggest that if you didnt restore from a backup after then your phone is set up as new. As far as your other issues, try resetting the phone and syncing with itunes. See if your icons come back. Try posting all of your questions in this thread rather than making a million new threads.

btw, I feel obligated to clear up some stuff here:
    1) 3.0 does have "battery issues", meaning simply that it uses more battery than 2.2.1. but I'd say even if a lot of users complain about battery life, most of them just have wrong expectations ... only a really really really small amount of people have an actual problem, and those are mostly 3GS users :-)

2) 3.0.1 DOES fix the sms vulnerability, don't know why melech states otherwise. but it's nothing you really need ...

3) mss on a 2G is possible via a package in cydia, then again that package is known to cause some battery trouble afaik

4) restore from backup CAN cause your iphone to behave strangely, but for most people it doesn't. I would try restoring from backup. if you experience battery problems or similair things, you can always restore and set it up as a new phone.

5) PS: I think iphone tunnel suite and stuff like that doesn't work with itunes 9 anymore. I know for a fact that winSCP standalone works fine, because it has nothing to do with itunes :-) just make sure you got openSSH installed from cydia

... I think that's all I wanted to say

PS: I think ultrasn0w works for the 2G as well, doesn't it? but it shouldn't really matter, as both redsn0w and pwnagetool unlock it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    btw, I feel obligated to clear up some stuff here:
    2) 3.0.1 DOES fix the sms vulnerability, don't know why melech states otherwise. but it's nothing you really need ...
    Because I know what I am talking about lol...MuscleNerd Twitter Update following the release of 3.0.1

Because I know what I am talking about lol...MuscleNerd Twitter Update following the release of 3.0.1
    only problem is the article was releaased Jun 16, 2009 whereas 3.0.1 was released july 31 ... so how can they be related?

oh and PS: even if I oversaw something and it was true, whatever. how the f**** would hack an iphone from SOMEBODY? it's just paranoia
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-10-18 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks

3.0.1 does fix the miller hack but it does not fix another sms vulnerability.
    I didn't buy into it either and I was joking around at first but after talking to MN he started scaring me a bit
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I know my stuff, nuff said

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12