Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weather icon weirdness!

Default weather icon weirdness!
    i recently installed the simple white theme manually, and it all works perfectly except for the weather icon, which remained stock. yes, i did ensure that Weather.png was properly labeled and located in the icons folder. looking around, i saw this:

"You have to delete the SBIconClass IIRC from the Weather app's Info.plist"

how do i do that exactly? please note, my file system accessing options are limited to iphone browser and ibrickr, as our home network isn't on wi-fi so i can't access the filesystem through SSH. thanks!

I dont exactly know the answer to ur question but going by what u said, U can use iphonebrowser to save that plist then open it as a text file fine and delete the SBIconClass IIRC then save the changes and upload it back to the right location. Now like I said thats by what u said u have read. I really dont know. But I do think there is a weather icon fix in installer do a search for because Im not to sure of the source. Sorry I couldnt be any more help
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Quote Originally Posted by e_p_a_k View Post
    i recently installed the simple white theme manually, and it all works perfectly except for the weather icon, which remained stock. yes, i did ensure that Weather.png was properly labeled and located in the icons folder. looking around, i saw this:

"You have to delete the SBIconClass IIRC from the Weather app's Info.plist"

how do i do that exactly? please note, my file system accessing options are limited to iphone browser and ibrickr, as our home network isn't on wi-fi so i can't access the filesystem through SSH. thanks!
    No dude, the weather thing is a known problem, all you have to do is install the Weather Icon Fix from installer available under "Tweaks"
    Let me know if you find it
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHK For This Useful Post:

Fuser (2008-03-18)