Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help

Default Help
    Hey guys I'm having a problem. I have a Jail broke 3G on 3.0. I'm having a problem restoring my phone. It everything goes fine until it says restoring iPhone software and halfway through it freezes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you unplug the USB at that point for about 3 seconds it kind of jump starts the process and then it will continue.

when i unhook it just stops the restore and gives an error. Im now stuck in recovery mode unless i try to restore again, but it still freezes.

I am having the same problem. Can anyone help?

Gadgetguy, after 3 hours of frustration i finally got my phone working again. I can't update but at least it works.

I have a copy of the firmware on my desktop from the last time i jailbroke my phone. Hold down the shift key when you hit restore and you can pick the file you want to restore from. I chose my 3.0 firmware and it worked. I tried to update but I got the same error 14 and had to do it all over again. At least my phone works.

I hope this helps you a little.
    Last edited by capt mark; 2009-09-26 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I tried what you did but had no luck. Ended up taking my phone to the at&t store and they put a new sim card in it and updated my phone and it worked fine. Lost all my stuff but it worked. Thought it was just a fluke but just tryed to update my wife's 3G and the same thing happened. Something is up with my computer or my iTunes.

I think it is the itunes. I installed itunes on my roommates laptop and was able to update my phone. Luckily I was able to keep my contacts and info.

you cant restore to 3.0 anymore, thats why.