Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Volume Going UP When I Plug In Earphones To 3GS

Default Volume Going UP When I Plug In Earphones To 3GS
    My phone hasnt been the same since 3.1 update but today something new happened.

OK so usualy if your volumes all the way up when in ipod mode and then you plug in the earphones,the volume goes down automaticaly to prevent ear damage.

Well mine started doing the opposite.The volume was almost high volume and when I plugged in earphone the volume went even highef and scared the crap out of me.

after a few reboots its still doing the same thing.WTF!For now I have the volume limit set but I paid $200 for a working phone only a few months ago.Again WTF!

no, you quite misunderstood how that works.

the iphone saves the ipod volume with headphones and without headphones, and automatically goes to the volume you had the last time.
    so if you plug in your earphones and set the volume to 0, then take the earphones out (your volume will go back to the way it was before you plugged in the earphones), then plug them back in, the volume will go back to 0 :-)

they are 2 different volumes:
    when you adjust the volume with the earphones in, it will save that volume level for the next time you plug them in.
    the volume you have the phones speakers to is adjusted only when the earphones are not connected.

also the ringer volume is different than the music/game/etc volume.

I did lower the volume with the headphones plugged in.Your saying that the volume should be saved at the point right?Cause its not saving anything.

With the earphones plugged in,I put the volume low.I then Take the earphones OUT volume goes up slightly coming from the phone speaker.I then plug the earphone in again and the volume does NOT go back down since the last time.It does not "save".Instead the volume raises almost all the way up

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    I did lower the volume with the headphones plugged in.Your saying that the volume should be saved at the point right?Cause its not saving anything.

With the earphones plugged in,I put the volume low.I then Take the earphones OUT volume goes up slightly coming from the phone speaker.I then plug the earphone in again and the volume does NOT go back down since the last time.It does not "save".Instead the volume raises almost all the way up
    be sure that you have the ipod running. there are different volume for the ipod and the ringer. if that doesn't work, restore your settings and see if that helps anything. because it should save them.