Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Want to Disable WiFi

  1. #1
    Default Want to Disable WiFi
    I have already added the Family Allowances to my plan. I need to keep control of who/when my son can place calls and text.

    The problem is, our next door neighbor has a WiFi connection that is open. So, my son takes his phone and connects to the neighbor's WiFi. Once he does this, he is able to send/receive texts thru The Net.

    I want to shut off his WiFi in such a way that he cannot enable it again. I want to be able to enable it, however.

    Can this be done?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Not really if he's any good with the workings of the iPhone. As I am sure you know you can go into settings and disable it there. Or you could install SBSettings through Cydia if it is jailbroken and disable it there.
    Ask neighbors to password protect the wifi.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Not really if he's any good with the workings of the iPhone. As I am sure you know you can go into settings and disable it there. Or you could install SBSettings through Cydia if it is jailbroken and disable it there.
    Ask neighbors to password protect the wifi.
    He's got Cydia on there. So getting SBSettings would not be a problem to install. But, can't he just go to the settings and enable it there? Thank you for the idea.

  4. #4
    Get the program called LockDown from Cydia. Then just lock down all the apps that enable him to do what you don't want him to do. Such as Safari, and any other roundabout ways he has of texting. When you want to use it, either open up LockDown and go into it's settings and turn off it's dylib. Just remember to turn it on when you are done. Or you can just type in the passcode every time you want to open a locked app.

    Just be aware that the possibility exists that the first time you launch a locked app and type in your passcode, the phone may crash into safe mode. Just restart and all should be well. At least it always has been for me.


    edit...Or you could just lock down the settings app, and turn wifi off.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Get the program called LockDown from Cydia. Then just lock down all the apps that enable him to do what you don't want him to do. Such as Safari, and any other roundabout ways he has of texting. When you want to use it, either open up LockDown and go into it's settings and turn off it's dylib. Just remember to turn it on when you are done. Or you can just type in the passcode every time you want to open a locked app.

    Just be aware that the possibility exists that the first time you launch a locked app and type in your passcode, the phone may crash into safe mode. Just restart and all should be well. At least it always has been for me.


    edit...Or you could just lock down the settings app, and turn wifi off.

    Exactly what I am looking for. Perfect. Thank you very much! By the way, my son hates you.

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamage View Post
    Exactly what I am looking for. Perfect. Thank you very much! By the way, my son hates you.
    As it should be.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamage View Post
    By the way, my son hates you.
    Ahhhh success...

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •