Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock and sync question

Thanks

Default Unlock and sync question
    My phone has been acting up lately. I keep going in to safe mode at least once a day. So I'm thinking it's time to just do a restore. I need to do it anyway.

I plan on sticking with firmware 3.0 and not upgrading to a higher firmware. My question has to do with syncing. This is going to be my first time unlocking on a Mac. I'm comfortable enough to do this part. So when I go to sync I know to set it up as new phone, but will my existing contacts sync okay even if I don't use the Mac address book?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Sync your contacts before you restore it.... then when you set it up as a new phone, just check the 'Sync Contacts' button in iTunes.

I Sync my phone with my windows machine, but it shouldnt be too different on the Mac.

or to be 100% you have them backed up... you could do the ol pen and paper technique
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thanks

The thing is I don't want all the phone numbers from my phone on my Mac necessarily. I think what I'll do is backup up my contacts db just in case they don't sync. If they don't sync I'll just SSH them back on to my phone.