Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP... My 3GS is stuck..

Question HELP... My 3GS is stuck..
    Hi, I have jailbroken iphone with 3.0.1 firmware. When I tried to d/l a app from Cydia, the phone was trying to respring the board and from there it started to goto Apple logo to blank screen for half an hr or so. Afterwards, I pressed the Power bttn and Home bttn together to reset the phone but no luck. It just went back to Apple logo n to blank screen.

So, is there anyway for me to fix this issue without UN-jailbreaking it?? I know if I retore it I will be unable to jailbreak it since I have to goto 3.1 firmware

Pls HELP!!!!!

Thanks

try to run redsn0w on it again.

hi, i dont have redsnow on it. what will redsnow do and how do i get it?

he means try running the jailbreak program again, but i doubt that will do anything.

what i can suggest is try plugging it into your comp, because whenever it is plugged in, itunes automatically jump starts it if it's off.

or if it is already plugged in, plug it out and plug it back in.

i tried doing that and other possible stuff i can think of and do but no luck. the funny thing is the phone is able to sync but just no screen.

hey, if i have 3.1 ecid shsh filed with cydia can i JB it with 3.1 FW?

the 3.1 jailbreak is only available on Macs. you're gonna have to find someone who has a mac and can make a custom firmware for you.

OR, you can download the 3.0 firmware from IPhone Firmware Download Links - ModMyi - Wiki (i'm guessing i can post the link because its from this site) and then use that to restore your iphone. just ask for instructions if you decide to do that.

so i will be able to do that as long as i find someone who has a mac? what r the instructions?

i don't know the instructions for the 3.1 update/jailbreak lol sorry.

i can help you if you want to restore and stay on 3.0.1, which i think is better because A LOT of people (and by a lot i mean ALMOST ALL people) are having troubles with the 3.1 jailbreak.

YES, i want to stay on 3.0.1

i just want my JB iphone back. i dont care if its 3.1

HELP!!! =/

PM me when you have enough time to do it. i'll help you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stonyboys For This Useful Post:

kmalby (2009-09-24)

i have time now, do u? can i call u instead? how do u private msg anyways. todays my 1st day on here.

lol, do you have any instant messaging thing? MSN, yahoo messenger, or maybe even steam/xfire?

i do, msn, gmail, yahoo, aol... which one do u wana use

we'll use yahoo. i PM'ed my e-mail, add me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stonyboys View Post
    the 3.1 jailbreak is only available on Macs. you're gonna have to find someone who has a mac and can make a custom firmware for you.

OR, you can download the 3.0 firmware from IPhone Firmware Download Links - ModMyi - Wiki (i'm guessing i can post the link because its from this site) and then use that to restore your iphone. just ask for instructions if you decide to do that.
    He said he has a 3GS...

There is no 3.1 Jailbreak for the 3GS yet

dont make it worse for him
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

^well the 3.0 restore didnt work, so i guess a non-JB 3.1 is his only choice.

Thanks

of course the 3.0 restore didnt work.... Apple isnt signing 3.0 anymore.

Unless he got his ECID for 3.0 on cydia, there is NO way to restore a 3GS to anything other than 3.1 for the time being.

yeah he didnt get the ECID thing

Thanks

His phone probably could have been fixed via SSH (if he had that installed before it wouldnt boot)

but its too late for that now