Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dull lcd iphone fix help? PLEASE!

Default Dull lcd iphone fix help? PLEASE!
    Hi, i realize other people had water damage to their phone but mine rebooted and is working but has a really dull screen and I've read that people say to dry it out. I opened the phone up and dried it out some more but I still have the dull lcd screen. Is it because i damaged the phone in the process or do i need to dry it out some more. Please let me know what to do because its killing me.

The water damaged your phone.

You need a new LCD.

is the water indicator red? if it isn't, you can go to the apple store and claim that it just screwed up on you. if it is, then you're pretty much done for unless you wanna tamper with the indicator to return it to it's non-water damaged state, which gives you back your warranty coverage (which i think is illegal, so don't tell anyone bout it )

^Or dont be a thief and deal with it. Fail.

the real thievery is the fact that 25%+ of people who send in their phones with legitimate problems and a legitimately white indicator got it back saying that it's been water damaged.

and i was just trying to help.

I agree with you that there has been an issue with indicators "failing" due to moisture when there hasnt been actual water damage to the phone, and thats not right and a big fail for Apple.

But 2 wrongs dont make a right....if you know you damaged it yourself, just take responsibility for it.

And besides if thats the only issue he has......you can get the part for about $40 on ebay, I can even explain to him how to install it. Hardly worth lying or stealing for.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I agree with you that there has been an issue with indicators "failing" due to moisture when there hasnt been actual water damage to the phone, and thats not right and a big fail for Apple.

But 2 wrongs dont make a right....if you know you damaged it yourself, just take responsibility for it.

And besides if thats the only issue he has......you can get the part for about $40 on ebay, I can even explain to him how to install it. Hardly worth lying or stealing for.
    yeah god forbid apple has to spend 400$ on a new iphone for him!

anyway, good luck finding that LCD screen, and then finding a way to install it. but this is only if there's something actually wrong with his hardware. i'm gonna l.o.l. when it turns out that a simple reboot fixed his problem.

^That would be funny. He's actually pretty lucky if thats the only issue he has after water damage.

The LCD isnt very hard to swap out. In fact I can do it in about 10 minutes.

PS- It could also be the proximity sensor, but without seeing the phone or a better description of the issue its hard to say. Thats a very cheap part.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-09-24 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^yeah, looking at your signature, you can probably do it in 5 mins .

P.S. i know this is really off topic, and sorry for hijacking the thread, but for your project orange/red DIYs, is there anyway to have the front as orange too?

Ive wanted to play around doing just that.

Basically theres 2 ways you could do it.

First would be the correct way, and the hard way. The glass is painted black from underneath, so you would have to remove the black and then re-paint it from the bottom......without messing anything up like the digitizer which is attached to the glass and cant be removed.

Or..

Paint the top. Prolly wouldnt look to bad either if done right.

Inspiration....imma gonna have to play around with that.

so you're saying its possible? how come I've never seen an iphone with the front re-coloured before? is it just too much risk?

Well maybe you will soon