Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2G will not play on dock radio.

Default iphone 2G will not play on dock radio.
    I have a iHome iP9 Dual Alarm Clock Radio for iPhone, when i plug in my 3G phone the ipod music will play through the speakers as it is suppose to, however when i plug in my 2G phone, it will not play through. The message comes up about it not being compatible accessory just like it does with the 3G, but it does not play the music through the speakers..

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Are you taking the iPhone out of the case when you dock it? If your phone doesnt sit far enough down the pins wont connect completely and you will get that message. The same thing happens with my 2G when I dock it into my iPhone alarm clock. If I take off the bottom of my case and dock it the message goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Origommi View Post
    Are you taking the iPhone out of the case when you dock it? If your phone doesnt sit far enough down the pins wont connect completely and you will get that message. The same thing happens with my 2G when I dock it into my iPhone alarm clock. If I take off the bottom of my case and dock it the message goes away.
    The iphone has no case. Tried everything from restoring and still no go..

Did you clean off the pins on the phone and clock? I use canned air for mine. I would try your phone on a couple iPhone compatable clocks at Bestbuy and see if the message pops up on them. Thats the route I went when I started to get the message. One model I tried displayed the message and a different model next to it did not.

is the dock "made for iphone" (there has to be a sticker on it). if not, it's probably just not compatible.