Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Security Question: something in place of passcode?

Default Security Question: something in place of passcode?
    Hi

Just got a new Jailbroken 3G with 3.0 software set up. Loving it so far. One thing I'm not crazy about is the security passcode feature. Is there an app through Apple or Cydia that would create a more custom security screen. For instance, with passcode lock one has to both enter the passcode and slide the bar. That's super cumbersome (and slow) just to unlock the phone for use. It would be great to just have to hit maybe 9 then 1 or something like that. Or, just tap one number. I like my phone protected from folks around my apt and school and such -- IE, not seeing my texts or having access since I'm around some nosey-*** people. Thanks for reading!

I'm not 100% getting what you are trying to do.
    you want a more secure solution where you only have to put in one number? not reallying getting that ...

if you are tired of always entering the passcode, you can change the time of inactivity it needs for the passcode to be required. I have set that to four hours, so I can still use the phone but if I lose it or something it will lock itself after 4 hours.

Sorry for the confusion. I can see why. Like I said, I want to passcode my phone, but I think the preinstalled way is way too slow and cumbersome of a feature. I'd like to click my phone and punch a number or two or a quick sequence (that's not the obvious slide for all phones) and get into my phone. NOT, type 1,2,3,4 (or whatever) and then slide the bar -- way too long to do that each time. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crashwins View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I can see why. Like I said, I want to passcode my phone, but I think the preinstalled way is way too slow and cumbersome of a feature. I'd like to click my phone and punch a number or two or a quick sequence (that's not the obvious slide for all phones) and get into my phone. NOT, type 1,2,3,4 (or whatever) and then slide the bar -- way too long to do that each time. Thanks!
    ah, now I'm getting it. mh, not solution that I know of. you could do something like 6655 or something, that's typed pretty quickly. but like I said, typing in the numbers each time I wanna unlock is way too slow for me as well, that's why I set the passcode to be activated after 4 hours. you could set it to be activated after an hour or half an hour or something. between those options there is nothing I know of